+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

This week's episode is going to be even more heart rendering than those leading up to it.

Why was Deadliest Catch not nominated for an Emmy for non-competition reality show? It's by far the best, and most real, reality show on tv in any category and it certainly has the viewership. How many millions of people wished Phil well each time he got sick and have sent condolences on his passing? I've never even remotely liked fishing, but this show reeled me in from the first episode.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3974858;
    They're really advertising the goodbye to Phil. Just saw a commercial for it right before the World Cup Final started.

I break down everytime I see that commercial and hear Josh saying - "we lost my Dad"..

Not enough tissues in my house for me when I watch this episode ... I know what's coming but I have to watch.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

Why was Deadliest Catch not nominated for an Emmy for non-competition reality show?
    It was nominated in the Non-Fiction series category. The Emmys realize that there's a difference between Reality and "reality".

The Real Housewives are "reality".

Deadliest Catch is Reality.

(It's up against 3 series from PBS, a Monty Python retrospective from Independent Film Channel, and the "Life" series on Discovery.)

Everyone have the Kleenex at the ready for tonight ?

Quote Originally Posted by FuschiaGoddess1;3979232;
    It was nominated in the Non-Fiction series category. The Emmys realize that there's a difference between Reality and "reality".

The Real Housewives are "reality".

Deadliest Catch is Reality.

(It's up against 3 series from PBS, a Monty Python retrospective from Independent Film Channel, and the "Life" series on Discovery.)

Everyone have the Kleenex at the ready for tonight ?
    Ah, thanks, I hadn't seen that. I guess they are considering it to be more of a documentary than a reality show judging from the shows it seems to be up against. I'll have to look more, but at least it's being recognized.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Johnathan and Josh were on Jay Leno last night..did anyone see it? Before they came out Jay referred to Johnathan as Josh's best friend which I thought was kind of cool for them both. Anyway, Josh mentioned that this whole thing has made him quit smoking (and, Johnathon as well) and said that Phil smoked 9 packs of cigs a day (holy crap)!

Then they showed a clip that will be on tonight's show of Josh talking to Phil in the hospital.

Oh and Josh also mentioned trying to get $1mil together to buy Phil's part of the boat. I hope they are able to do it.

I'm already a mess ... this is gonna be tough.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

well I got a bottle of wine and a huge box of tissues for tonight...hope it will be enough...this is gonna be one hard night to watch thats for sure
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

OMG....when Phil told Josh he should have been a better father...let the water works begin
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3980298;
    OMG....when Phil told Josh he should have been a better father...let the water works begin
    Cried through that scene.

Josh is a good son, Jake too, but watching Josh with his dad is very sweet.

+ Reply to Thread