+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

I've been dreading this all season long. I wonder what will become of the Cornelia Marie and crew. Seems like all the boats are having some kind of upheaval this season.

I have my tissues ready for every episode and the After the Catch episode ... I broke down and went to the Cornelia Marie website to see if they tell what happened, and they did.

I feel for those boys, and hope they man up like their daddy would have wanted them to.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3947971;
    This is what a reality show should be. It's the only one I won't miss and one of the four I even keep track of anymore. The stories on all the boats were compelling and gripping, even for those of us who knew what was coming.
    FYI...here is an article I found. What happened to Josh's and Jake's mother? Is she not in the picture or did she pass away???

Fancast: Jake Harris Talks About His Dad, Capt. Phil, And The Cornelia Marie | Deadliest Catch | Captain Phil Harris | Fancast News

I've been searching the net and have not been able to find anything on Jake and Josh's mother. I plan to keep looking and will post here if I find anything.

I did read that, sadly, the search for Jake Anderson's father, Keith, has been called off.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3953064;
    I've been searching the net and have not been able to find anything on Jake and Josh's mother. I plan to keep looking and will post here if I find anything.

I did read that, sadly, the search for Jake Anderson's father, Keith, has been called off.
    Aw, that is so sad about Jake Anderson's father. It hasn't been discussed hardly at all either.

Still hoping they can find him ... does anyone know what they think happened?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

tonights show was heartbreaking. Seeing all those tough as nails captains break down when they heard the news about phils stroke made me cry like a baby. I know I'll be crying again during next weeks show too.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how much money these guys make. It looks like one of the hardest jobs in the world. There has to be money in it or the guys wouldn't stay. Also, I read where Sig wants to do Dancing with the Stars. But he still smokes. Even the dancers get winded...I can't imagine a smoker doing well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3956375;
    tonights show was heartbreaking. Seeing all those tough as nails captains break down when they heard the news about phils stroke made me cry like a baby. I know I'll be crying again during next weeks show too.
    I was crying like a baby too . Sig slams his equipment he's so upset, Keith wells up, and Jonathan is there for the boys... I think what makes it harder for me is that we know the outcome of this.

In terms of money made on this job, I have heard of boats raking in millions. Granted, a lot of that goes directly back into the boat and equipment, but a deckhand on a good boat can make anywhere from $10,000 to probably $50,000. It depends on the season (King or Opies), the share ratio (ie deckhand vs captain), and a whole lot of other things. I remember listening to an interview that Phil did a couple of years back saying he at certain points had made as much as $500,000 in one year, but that may have been before the industry created self-imposed quotas.
    Last edited by psycobabe007; 06-30-2010 at 11:17 AM.

They announce the deckhands' share at the end of each season. It's usually between $25,000 and $50,000. That would be pretty good if they work both king and opelio. Still, when I spent a summer in Kodiak 30 years ago, the guys coming off the salmon boats were making as much as $50,000 (lots of free drinks for us!), so pay doesn't seem to have improved much.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread