+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Deadliest Catch

Count me in with the tissues. I started when Phil was making up with Jake and then when they were all looking at the pictures before "it" happened. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I know as soon as he hears about Phil...Johnathon turns around and comes right back....but as to where he will play a part of helping the CM finish out the season IDK...but I do know that Johnathon and Phil were really close friends
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3946916;
    Count me in with the tissues. I started when Phil was making up with Jake and then when they were all looking at the pictures before "it" happened. I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

I was crying like a baby last night - And when they were looking at the pictures I got the chills. It was like he knew something was going to happen. I'm so happy he made up with Jake - that would have been awful if he didn't and I'm afraid Jake probably wouldn't have gotten over that....Not looking forward to the next few weeks either - but we have to say our goodbyes to him too.......

It was apainful episode to watch esp where we all knew it was coming. And the 2 Jake's ... ugh JA missing his dad and now JH losing his dad ...

I mean this whole epi was sad, Keith struggling with his "chew" addiction ... omg, his daughter, was she not the cutest and sweetest EVER worrying about her dad and telling him she will help him through this addiction.

Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand wanting to move on from crabbing/fishing yet Scotty is just not ready to take over. Scotty stating his wife left him and he is fighting for custody of his son.
    KAREN

This is what a reality show should be. It's the only one I won't miss and one of the four I even keep track of anymore. The stories on all the boats were compelling and gripping, even for those of us who knew what was coming.

It was quite interesting to see Jonathan and Andy preparing to turn over the running of the Time Bandit to the next captain. We're beginning to see much of the "next generation" of skippers.

After the catch was also terrific. The Northwestern is my personal favorite boat. The part with the two Jakes there was fabulous as was the part where Sig and Edgar showed their respect and admiration for Jake Anderson and their concern over his missing father. I'm sure they are grooming him to take over the boat when Sig decides to retire.

The last scene, where Sig fell on his rear while dancing was really funny and a mood-lifting end to a poignant and sad series of events.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Last night was tough to watch. I'm really concerned about Phil's boys. Does anyone know how they are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3948571;
    Last night was tough to watch. I'm really concerned about Phil's boys. Does anyone know how they are doing?
    Jake has gotten himself into a bit of trouble with drinking and drugs since. I've not heard about Josh.

I watched Tuesday's episode last night. I was really impressed with how take charge Josh was. He has always seemed like the more level-headed of the two.

The next few episodes will be hard to watch.

RIP Phil Harris.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that about Jake! Are the boys going to run the Cornelia Marie after this? (Thanks for the info!)

I wonder who's going to captain the boat now? I don't remember anyone being designated the relief skipper. I thought maybe Murray Gamrath (sp??) would come back but now I don't think that was an option. It would be cool if John (Time Bandit) would finish the season for Phil, but I don't think they do that either. I can't see the crew being comfortable with Josh &/or Jake at the helm as they haven't had the years of experience in the wheelhouse.

Guess we'll find out in the next few episodes. Phil was the best.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3951235;
    I wonder who's going to captain the boat now? I don't remember anyone being designated the relief skipper. I thought maybe Murray Gamrath (sp??) would come back but now I don't think that was an option. It would be cool if John (Time Bandit) would finish the season for Phil, but I don't think they do that either. I can't see the crew being comfortable with Josh &/or Jake at the helm as they haven't had the years of experience in the wheelhouse. Guess we'll find out in the next few episodes. Phil was the best.
    Absolutely NOT Jake, he has some drug issues he is dealing with. He needs rehab before he comes back to even be a deck hand.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread