+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree173Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

To anyone that is watching DC.

What’s still to come on this season of Deadliest Catch:

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 11 – Tuesday, June 22 at 9PM ET/PT The opening episode includes Phil’s initial stroke and the quick action taken by his sons – Josh and Jake – and the rest of the crew to get medical attention. The severity of the situation weighs heavily on the close-knit Cornelia Marie crew as they pray for the best and are left to wonder who will take the boat out without Phil there.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 12 – Tuesday, June 29 at 9PM ET/PT The rest of the fleet begins to hear the unsettling news of their friend and fellow skipper. Captains Sig Hansen, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand and Keith Colburn all react with stunned disbelief while still keeping an eye on the turbulent waters, as the Bering Sea stops for no one.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 13 – Tuesday, July 6 at 9PM ET/PT Josh and Jake Harris continue to watch over their dad at the Anchorage hospital. They are joined by Johnathan Hillstrand as well as Phil’s inner circle of biker buddy friends. Ever the stubborn fighter, Phil rallies in the ICU.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 14 – Tuesday, July 13 at 9PM ET/PT Despite small signs of encouragement, Captain Phil loses his battle. He passes away surrounded by family and friends.

AFTER THE CATCH (SEASON FINALE): Tuesday, July 13 at 10PM ET/PT The fleet wraps up its time at the French Quarter’s Blue Nile bar in the season finale of AFTER THE CATCH. Captain Phil Harris is remembered in true ‘Nawlins style as fans pour onto Frenchmen Street for a traditional, raucous Jazz Parade. The celebration brings together all the captains to pay tribute to their friend and colleague.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 15 – Tuesday, July 20 at 9PM ET/PT The news of Phil’s death reaches the rest of the fleet. Captains Keith, Johnathan, Andy and Sig all struggle to come to terms with their friend and colleague’s passing.

DEADLIEST CATCH: CAPTAIN PHIL HARRIS REMEMBERED – Tuesday, July 20 at 10PM ET/PT A special one-hour look back at the life of Captain Phil Harris, skipper of F/V Cornelia Marie. The special includes never-before-seen footage, interviews with fellow captains and deckhands and memorable “Phil moments” from the past six seasons of DEADLIEST CATCH, from behind the scenes and fan remembrances recorded at CatchCon 2010 and Phil’s public memorial service in Seattle.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 16 – Tuesday, July 27 at 9PM ET/PT –SEASON FINALE– On the finale of the sixth season of DEADLIEST CATCH, the fleet is still absorbing the news about Phil. But the stormy waters of the Bering Sea never take a break, and the Captains and the crew must soldier on in the race to make their quotas, as the Opilio season comes to an end.
    KAREN

Tried to do a mini recap, and it made me FULLY appreciate those who recap for us every time!! I missed a lot but tried.

The show is in New Orleans, Louisiana this time. Mike Rowe is hosting again (yeah!) Captains present: John and Andy, Keith, and Sig. They have an empty stool there with Phil's picture on the wall behind it and the other captains said it'll really hit them when they see the boat next season and he's not there. They do a round of duck farts, Phil's drink of choice, and decide that's the last one they'll do as they toast him. No one else likes them.

They will take a different boat each episode of the show, and this was the Time Bandit's episode.

They start with the issue between Jonathon and Keith, show the clip, and try to figure out what all was going on. They show what I missed, that Phil got in between them and was shouting "Enough!". Now Mike tells Sig he's got to be the peacekeeper. Laughs. Viewers ask if it was staged, but everyone says no, it was out of the blue to Keith. Both Keith and John were sent to a voodoo place to figure out how to get along. Clips of them dancing around ... and someone had a small snake around their neck ... etc. John wasn't comfortable to be at the voodoo there, said he saw a picture of Jesus there and said he answers to "The Big Guy" (pointing up) and "The Kid". Upshot is that no one gives up any extra information although John's body language and expression say there was something else going on. (imo)

Keith says Time Bandit would be the pirate ship and his would be the one under the King's service chasing them around. Andy says it's known that they are known as the 'fun' boat.

Mike Fourtenier (sp) is on, and describes the boat as being fun, trickling down from the top (John and Andy). John says their motto is "we'd rather be lucky than good any day." Shot of going back to the same spot 3 years in a row and hitting the crab. Shows a clip of crab fishing and getting lots of them.

Close calls: showed Time Bandit leaning to starboard and having to get ice and gear off, and alarms sounding because water is in the fuel. Clips shown. Discussion among the captains about it. (side note: Keith cannot stop talking even though it's not his boat. Let someone else talk.) Andy said during all this drama, someone came up to him and said "The toilet's not working." Major chaos ensues, and someone asked if Russell was on the boat.

Close calls: False Pass, shows clip. Andy says False Pass is where the Gulf meets the Bering Sea. They called it False Pass because they didn't think you could go through there, but there is a small path marked by buoys. Horror stories from many captains about it. Sig, Wild Bill, and Phil told them not to do it ... they did and made it. Mike points out that in addition to the terror in John's eyes during that clip, he also saw that but an insane pleasure. Laughter. Mike said he misses Phil because here would be where he'd turn to Phil and ask for insight. John again says Phil told him not to go. Then they do a clip of John and Phil competing with their Harley's, then 2007 clip where Mike asks what they'd be doing if they didn't fish and Phil said he'd be John's second in command at McDonald's, then both of them riding and doing a fist bump. (I am crying my eyes out) and John excuses himself and they take a break.

Scotty Hilstrand joins the cast. Scotty "Good things happen to good people." when asked about the character of the boat. They do a clip of hazing the greenhorn, Jeremy, by 'tuning the radar.' Showed Andy saying "That's my kind of guy right there." He clarifies "Does not question the captain." Sig says he had guys on the mast on the ocean thinking they're tuning the radar, Keith chimes in ... Mike commented that Scotty was friends with Jeremy and Scotty sneaks in a "We were friends." Jeremy had tried to come on the Time Bandit for 3 years. Didn't work out for him. Clips of Jeremy and everyone trying to help. Mike asks if he'll be back, Scotty quietly says "No, he ain't coming back." Mike says "Scotty Hilstrand doesn't say much but when he does ..."

John had 30 years in the industry ... John is 47, Andy is 46. Talk about who's going to take over. John says the problem is their crew get their own boats ... Mike F bought his own boat, a salmon boat in and is leaving the next day for Alaska. Talking around Scotty, and a lot of "You're either on the boat or you're off the boat." Gotta "marry the boat." Clip of Scotty running the boat for 9 pots. Did good, but had John and Andy there with him. John says he has to be full time, on the boat for at least 5 years, Andy says he didn't see his kids grow up ... "Talking about Scotty being a 'Hilstrand'. Daughters grow up and change their name, but Scotty's a Hilstrand.

Mike F in his underpants fishing, and clip. After, John said he'd be comfortable right now with Mike F captain and Scotty 1st mate with Mike F.

Toward the end of the show ... talking about 'sightseeing' and 'socializing'. Oyster Festival and they brought in a Master Shucker to show them how to shuck oysters and John tried. Then oyster eating contest between Mike F, Monty, Jake (NW), Edgar, Wild Bill. Mike F, Time Bandit, won ... 29 in 27 seconds. Mike R "Show me your technique," then says "That's not a technique, that's an assault."

End of episode.

I need chocolate and a diet coke.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Awww...thanks soooooo much for the recap, mom2!!! You are the bestest ever and you did a FAB job!!! Darn dvr I actually scrolled through a next full week on DISC channel to see if it was repeating and it did at 10pm last night but it was already 10:30pm when we went to watch it.

Wow looks like I missed a great show.

I hope you are enjoying your chocolate and diet coke RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!
    KAREN

I had written here several months ago about Jake Anderson's dad having gone missing. I've looked, but I have not seen anything more since his vehicle was found abandoned. Poor guy has had so much to deal with.

I thought it became pretty obvious what Jake Harris' secret was going to be as the show went on, and it was what I had guessed even before the show aired. I wonder if they will continue to deal with that or drop it because of Phil's illness.

After the Catch was very entertaining and informative.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

even knowing its already happened....it still brings me to tears just thinking about the next episodes...I Fell apart last night when Johnathan did when they were talking about their trying up each other with better motors...gonna have to buy a couple boxes of tissues
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

When they kept showing Jake H stumbling around the deck, his face pale and eyes darkened ... I immediately thought alcohol. It still shocked me when they showed Phil going into his cabin and you heard the conversation there. Then to see them and watch that whole scene ... I was glad they cut away. I was already bawling my eyes out and cried most of the way through After the Catch.

I would like to know if they ever did find Jake Anderson's dad? I feel for this guy, and am glad that Sig found out about it. If anyone could "keep him busy", Sig can.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Thanks for this heads up. These are going to be some hard episodes to watch. We've followed this series from the beginning and Phil has always been my favorite on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3936486;
    To anyone that is watching DC.

What’s still to come on this season of Deadliest Catch:

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 11 – Tuesday, June 22 at 9PM ET/PT The opening episode includes Phil’s initial stroke and the quick action taken by his sons – Josh and Jake – and the rest of the crew to get medical attention. The severity of the situation weighs heavily on the close-knit Cornelia Marie crew as they pray for the best and are left to wonder who will take the boat out without Phil there.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 12 – Tuesday, June 29 at 9PM ET/PT The rest of the fleet begins to hear the unsettling news of their friend and fellow skipper. Captains Sig Hansen, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand and Keith Colburn all react with stunned disbelief while still keeping an eye on the turbulent waters, as the Bering Sea stops for no one.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 13 – Tuesday, July 6 at 9PM ET/PT Josh and Jake Harris continue to watch over their dad at the Anchorage hospital. They are joined by Johnathan Hillstrand as well as Phil’s inner circle of biker buddy friends. Ever the stubborn fighter, Phil rallies in the ICU.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 14 – Tuesday, July 13 at 9PM ET/PT Despite small signs of encouragement, Captain Phil loses his battle. He passes away surrounded by family and friends.

AFTER THE CATCH (SEASON FINALE): Tuesday, July 13 at 10PM ET/PT The fleet wraps up its time at the French Quarter’s Blue Nile bar in the season finale of AFTER THE CATCH. Captain Phil Harris is remembered in true ‘Nawlins style as fans pour onto Frenchmen Street for a traditional, raucous Jazz Parade. The celebration brings together all the captains to pay tribute to their friend and colleague.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 15 – Tuesday, July 20 at 9PM ET/PT The news of Phil’s death reaches the rest of the fleet. Captains Keith, Johnathan, Andy and Sig all struggle to come to terms with their friend and colleague’s passing.

DEADLIEST CATCH: CAPTAIN PHIL HARRIS REMEMBERED – Tuesday, July 20 at 10PM ET/PT A special one-hour look back at the life of Captain Phil Harris, skipper of F/V Cornelia Marie. The special includes never-before-seen footage, interviews with fellow captains and deckhands and memorable “Phil moments” from the past six seasons of DEADLIEST CATCH, from behind the scenes and fan remembrances recorded at CatchCon 2010 and Phil’s public memorial service in Seattle.

DEADLIEST CATCH: Episode 16 – Tuesday, July 27 at 9PM ET/PT –SEASON FINALE– On the finale of the sixth season of DEADLIEST CATCH, the fleet is still absorbing the news about Phil. But the stormy waters of the Bering Sea never take a break, and the Captains and the crew must soldier on in the race to make their quotas, as the Opilio season comes to an end.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3936842;
    When they kept showing Jake H stumbling around the deck, his face pale and eyes darkened ... I immediately thought alcohol. It still shocked me when they showed Phil going into his cabin and you heard the conversation there. Then to see them and watch that whole scene ... I was glad they cut away. I was already bawling my eyes out and cried most of the way through After the Catch.

I would like to know if they ever did find Jake Anderson's dad? I feel for this guy, and am glad that Sig found out about it. If anyone could "keep him busy", Sig can.
    For real. I was like, wow! This is intense. I think they said he stole his pills? I am guessing some kind of pain pill. Then it seemed kinda fake. But then again, it seemed really, real.

I haven't read anything else about JA's dad either. Crazy he didn't mention it to his crew mates. He holds a lot in. Poor guy.

I haven't had a chance to watch ATC yet, but I have it recorded.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3937056;
    For real. I was like, wow! This is intense. I think they said he stole his pills? I am guessing some kind of pain pill. Then it seemed kinda fake. But then again, it seemed really, real.
    Had to be. When he stayed in bed and then started stumbling around, I could tell. Then when he was standing behind Phil, you could tell he was soo stoned. I really hope that didn't help push Phil's condition to deteriorate faster than it would have.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Does anyone think that JOSH knew the whole time about his bro? Because when Phil and them both in the wheel house early in the epi and was talking to them about learning the business and possibly taking over for him ... Josh seemed so disgusted ... and angry ALTHOUGH he never said a word ...

Sheesh, I watch that show Intervention ALLOT and I had NO clue that Jake was an addict and then be on that ship away from home (away from getting fixes he may need for his drug habit) ... but if it means he has been stealing all Phil's pills ... ugh.

I do not think that any of last night's epi was fake at all. Didn't we read that Jake got a DUI ... after his Dad died?

And Jake Anderson, I was shocked that Sig said "take the cast off and get back to work" ... or "go home" ...
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread