+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

The mid-ocean switch was ultra exciting tv to watch, but I must admit I was surprised they just didn't go back to Dutch Harbor or another close port if they were so determined to exchange Jakes back before the end of King Crab season. I guess both Phil and Sig felt they couldn't spare the fishing time.

Among the captains, neither Jonathon nor Keith has ever been a favorite of mine, but I've always disliked Keith more. He seems to do whatever he wants (such as putting his pots on top of Phil's a couple of seasons ago) and then thinking he can just apologize and it will all go away. Jonathan is definitely a hot head, but I can't really blame him if Keith did try to steal his crew member, though Jonathon should not have said what he did about Keith's brother.

On a side note, I would be tickled pink to see Sig complete on Dancing With the Stars. He can be really funny in interviews although I think they'd have to use the bleep button an awful lot. All these fisherman are not used to monitoring their language.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Has anyone heard if the Cornelia Marie will be fishing next year, who will be captain (what happened to Murray G?) and if Phil's boys, Josh and Jake, will be on? I hope they will, I would love to keep track of them, and make sure they're doing alright. It still hurts to see Phil on this season.

Keith is my least favorite as well, I think there had to have been more going on for Jonathon to strike out like that. Didn't he say something about Keith approaching Scotty, his son??
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3925043;
    Has anyone heard if the Cornelia Marie will be fishing next year, who will be captain (what happened to Murray G?) and if Phil's boys, Josh and Jake, will be on? I hope they will, I would love to keep track of them, and make sure they're doing alright. It still hurts to see Phil on this season.

Keith is my least favorite as well, I think there had to have been more going on for Jonathon to strike out like that. Didn't he say something about Keith approaching Scotty, his son??
    I haven't heard anything more about the Cornelia Marie for next season yet, but I expect they will wait until the shows air from this season that show information about Phil's death. I remember Murray saying he was retiring, but I think we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't know about Keith approaching Scotty, but I do recall that a few seasons ago Phil was furious because Keith set his pots almost on top of Phil's, so it's definitely not the first time the other captains have had a problem with Keith.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Maybe it's just me but on the Time Bandit when the alarms went off I didn't understand why, Johnathon Hillstrand didn't and doesn't help outside. I understand they are co-captains but really it doesn't ever show him doing anything. Does he still get a cut of the $$?

I feel bad for Jake Anderson. Poor guy, he looks like he's about to break. When he was so close to the rail, I thought he was going to jump.

I wish they would all stop smoking!!

Oh man, I just saw a preview for the next episode. Jake (NWestern) says he may have nicked the tendon, and Sig tells him if he can't lift he doesn't need to be there.

Then, we hear Phil tell someone (camera kept giving deck shots of Jake, his youngest son) that when they get to land Phil wants him off the boat and doesn't want to see him ever again.

I hope this is not true, especially in light of what happened this year.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3931926;
    Oh man, I just saw a preview for the next episode. Jake (NWestern) says he may have nicked the tendon, and Sig tells him if he can't lift he doesn't need to be there.

Then, we hear Phil tell someone (camera kept giving deck shots of Jake, his youngest son) that when they get to land Phil wants him off the boat and doesn't want to see him ever again.

I hope this is not true, especially in light of what happened this year.
    Hmmm ... those epi's already aired. Jake Anderson cut himself 2 epi's ago. And Jake Harris returned to the Cornelia Maria and was not really helping out like they all thought he should and Phil had some words with him BUT it all worked out fine in the end.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3933495;
    Hmmm ... those epi's already aired. Jake Anderson cut himself 2 epi's ago. And Jake Harris returned to the Cornelia Maria and was not really helping out like they all thought he should and Phil had some words with him BUT it all worked out fine in the end.
    Yes, you're right, momrek06, but tonight is a different episode. From the previews, this is the first time Jake Anderson's injury has been talked about as possiblly being a cut tendon. I think they are back at the harbor and perhaps he sees a doctor.

The preview also says that Jake Harris has a "dark secret" that is revealed and that's what prompts Phil's reaction. I also think next week's episode is where Phil gets sick, so perhaps whatever happens this week is changed by that.
    Last edited by Florimel; 06-15-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Mishit the enter key before post was finished.

Jake's secret was revealed this evening (June 15th), but I hesitate to say anything and create a spoiler. Next week (June 22nd) is the beginning of dealing with Phil's illness and subsequent death. I've been watching this show for such a long time...these are tough episodes to see.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Wow, what an intense episode. Note to reality producers who feel they need to set up phony plot lines and circumstances to keep viewers' interests: Real life is MUCH more fascinating.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

OMG ... what an intense and sad episode for sure.

Jake Harris ...

Jake Anderson: his wrist and his dad ...

Phil ... does not look good at all ...

I typed the After Show but my dvr recorded it but we could not get it to play at all ... Did anyone else watch it?
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread