+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

God, I love this show. It's like a peek inside the secret world of dudes.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I felt a little sorry for Jake Anderson. His sister died, then his father disappeared, and I think the men on the Northwestern mean a lot to him. He seemed to feel a little abandoned, but I do think he'll bounce back.

I also wonder if Jake Harris was on the Northwestern when Phil was found having had the stroke. I guess we'll see as the season plays out.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I hope that Sig got the message across to him that it was only for a season and for a learning experience. I loved Edgar handing Jake the warmed up herring ... ewww. I hope both guys look at this in a positive way.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I felt bad that Jake H missed out on the last few months of his dad's life because they made the switch. But Jake A seemed to fit in well with the CM crew.

I'll spoiler this just in case anyone doesn't want to know, but I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the Jake and Jake switch will end with the third episode.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I have been a huge fan of this show since Discovery Channel did a big ol weekend marathon a while back. I was mesmerized and could not stop watching. I'm so glad new episodes are on. DH knows I love the show and each time he sees Phil Harris on a commercial he says "hey, I thought he was dead". Like duh, these episodes were filmed before he died

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

My dvr stopped taping before the previews ... what did I miss???
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I didn't see any previews. The other show just started up leaving us hanging!!
    Thoughts on Any's rain gear with advertisments on it like bass pro shop?? They used to be my favorites, but they are just to arrogant now.

The previews I saw showed Phil telling someone when they get back to port to get their stuff and get off his boat. I don't know if that's what triggered his stroke, but from what I've read, it happened at the end of king crab season.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3896187;
    The previews I saw showed Phil telling someone when they get back to port to get their stuff and get off his boat. I don't know if that's what triggered his stroke, but from what I've read, it happened at the end of king crab season.
    Yes, I saw that this week on upcoming previews ... Phil was P.O.ed, I mean his eyes were like daggers. I am just guessing it maybe to Jake ... not sure at all ... because if you noticed when Jake came back, it did not take long for Josh and Jake to be at it again.

I will say, watching this week's epi ... that switch was sooooo freakin' scary!!!!! :

Too bad about Keith and Johnathon not being able to put their differences aside.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread