+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

It is really gonna be hard to watch this show without Phil. I will, but it will be hard.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3873838;
    It is really gonna be hard to watch this show without Phil. I will, but it will be hard.
    you said exactly what I was thinking...it will be very sad but I expect them to do an amazing tribute to him or at least I hope they do
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Sig Hansen was on Bonnie Hunt yesterday. Talk about a fish out of water. LOL He was on to promote his book and he talked about Phil. He said he was home (off the sea) in time to attend his funereal.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

well I guess I will be watching this season during re runs....what nit wit put it on as the same time as LOST....I love this show....but LOST comes first..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3874804;
    well I guess I will be watching this season during re runs....what nit wit put it on as the same time as LOST....I love this show....but LOST comes first..lol
    Lost comes first for me too, but each Deadliest Catch episode is repeated several times during the week. The first episode is on at least six different times, so it should be catchable by most.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It will be a hard season to watch knowing that Phil is no longer with us.

FORT Newbie

The Phil thing still boggles my mind, even though you could totally see it coming, it's still shocking to me now months later.

I was saddened, but not surprised, when Phil died. His health seemed to be deteriorating since the blood clot season. He just didn't look the same as at the beginning of the series and it was only five years later.

They've all aged quite a bit. I think it's not uncommon for these men to die young. Even if the sea doesn't get them, they live harsh lives and it must take its toll. But, in a catastrophic event, these captains are men I'd trust to help us survive.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Holy $hit Jonathon! Wasn't expecting that at all.

So I'm rewatching the episode because I bawled through it the first time ... every time they showed Phil or his sons.

I love that they went ahead and exchanged Jake for Jake. Both seem like good kids (okay, men) and a change of scenery can only help them.

Dude, Jonathon took some cheap shots. For some reason, Keith has never been my favorite but that "kill your brother" comment was way below the belt. Then to back it up with a shove? Is it really that bad? A good deckhand would turn him down anyway, right? And to offer Scott double was weird, like blood money to stab his dad/uncles in the back.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread