+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Snowy I'll keep an eye out and give you a holler if they do another marathon. They've had a couple so far....one on Memorial Day and one that I stumbled across last Sunday (yeah I watched em all again too ).

I've decided that there's something about the co-captain of the Billikin that I just melt for...Jeff Weeks I believe his name is. (the guy that's been going out a lot to help his guys on deck while they are suffering in the crab search) I think it's cause he reminds me a bit of wrestler Kevin Nash, but mmm mmm mmm, just something about him works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Snowy I'll keep an eye out and give you a holler if they do another marathon. They've had a couple so far....one on Memorial Day and one that I stumbled across last Sunday (yeah I watched em all again too ).

I've decided that there's something about the co-captain of the Billikin that I just melt for...Jeff Weeks I believe his name is. (the guy that's been going out a lot to help his guys on deck while they are suffering in the crab search) I think it's cause he reminds me a bit of wrestler Kevin Nash, but mmm mmm mmm, just something about him works for me.

Libra, for you, a linky with your Captain Jeff.

http://www.anchoragepress.com/archiv...ument7362.html
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022

wide shoulders and curly ponytail, maybe?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I watched the Marathon last weekend. I love the show.I was
    in awe how hard the guys work! I hope that there will be a
    2nd season...Like one person posted I have a new appreciation
    now when I eat crabs(legs)they said....

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooGal
    I watched the Marathon last weekend. I love the show.I was
    in awe how hard the guys work! I hope that there will be a
    2nd season...Like one person posted I have a new appreciation
    now when I eat crabs(legs)they said....
    I hope they do one for King Crab season. On the 3-part special they made, each part was a different crab.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I meant to update this before now (since the new episode is already 20 minutes in) but a new season of Deadliest Catch started today, 3/28 at 9pm. Of course thankfully Discovery replays their shows constantly, so missing it on this run isn't really that big of a deal, it'll be on again in a few hours.

FORT Newbie
    I love this program. Right now I'm also reading Highliners: Commercial Fisherman of Alaska by William McCloskey. It's a very scary profession and it's amazing how little they really make. As as Karen14 stated: I'll read those crablegs with a bit more reverence.

Deadliest Catch - Discovery Channel, Tuesday Night

Is anyone else watching this? I turned it on a few wks ago not expecting much, but I'm finding it very interesting....and oh what a miserable job. Anyone who complains about the cost of Alaska crabmeat again should be forced to watch this. Can't imagine when they work the opilio-crab fishing season (which starts in January) that they don't all wind up frostbit, that is if they don't wind up overboard and dead.
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

FORT Fogey
    You made my day! I thought I am the only one watching this incredible series.

I actually just caught it on TV LAST NIGHT. I was clicking the channels and came across this. Boy, I was hooked! They had a marathon I think and showed all the previous episodes.

Amazing program!I just HAD to watch all of them. And I'm definitely tuning in on Tuesday for the new ep.

Great programming, great characters.

DevilTwin & Justafan...welcome to a great addiction! Although I miss some of the fishermen that were featured last season, this one is just as great. Hopefully they'll show the previous ones at some point as well so y'all can see the true insanity of open season when it was just catch as much crab as humanly possible instead of having the set limits per ship....it's a different vibe and really exciting.

+ Reply to Thread