+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

FORT Fan

Re: Deadliest Catch

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3096948;
    I know folks were typing like crazy last night and this morning on the capt's wiki's....they were fired up over the way Keith fired that man...everyone agreed that Yea the guy needed to be let go ...he couldn't hack the job but when someone posted that all it would take is a crazy lawyer who was a Fame HO and looking for $ to sue Keith, and the Wizard and Discovery for the mental anguish that man suffered for the public humilation....and then POOF all the posts vanished...lol
    I always watch the reruns in the afternoons, but I always miss this episode. Can anyone please tell me what happened with Keith and the Deckhand? I also watched the episodes where the boat sank and only one man survived. It was heartbreaking and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaplum;3139565;
    Actually, it was Phil's step mom who died from the anurysm. Phil's biological mother died when he was only 8 years old!
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was afraid there was a genetic problem that might pass to his sons. Though, it still might, which is scary for them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3139571;
    I always watch the reruns in the afternoons, but I always miss this episode. Can anyone please tell me what happened with Keith and the Deckhand? I also watched the episodes where the boat sank and only one man survived. It was heartbreaking and I still get tears in my eyes thinking about it.
    well it pretty much started while they were still out on the water and Keith decided he couldn't keep him...and they showed him making calls to replacements and looking at resume's on the tv before they even told the guy...then when he fired him he cussed him out like a dog...now this is MY OPINION only...but it was a total humilation and totally degrading the way Keith handled it...he showed no tact and showed no basic common courtsey in firing him....I just feel someone in an managment position like that should have better sense
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I thought when he fired him he was calm and telling him the reasons (taking into account it's a testosterone-filled place) and the angry part was flashbacks to when Moi confronted him in the wheelhouse.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I went to Discovery.com, and the season 4 DVD set is there, and it says: Estimated ship date is Nov-12-2008.

The price is $39.99 now, I guess it is a pre-order sale maybe? Just thought I'd share with my fellow DC fans.

I can't wait to buy it.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3142350;
    I thought when he fired him he was calm and telling him the reasons (taking into account it's a testosterone-filled place) and the angry part was flashbacks to when Moi confronted him in the wheelhouse.
    the angry part was NOT a flashback...I saw the episode today again of where Moi confronts him in the wheel house after the "talk"...and he has on a white t-shirt and pants...NO rain gear and when Keith fires him he has the rain gear on...so he was yelling at him like that when he fired him

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I finally caught the last episode and the post season special about the filming. I didn't know there was a chase ship, did you? Of course you did...it never occured to me to wonder how those across the waves shots of the boats happened. Duh. There was a segment on there about Keith not wanting anyone in the wheelhouse and how difficult it was for production (producer and cameraman) to work with him. I think he fired the guy because he was not fitting with the work ethic of that particular crew. Whether yelling was involved or not, well...sometimes you just have to yell.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

new season starts tomorrow night... can't wait to see if Phil is back on the ship or not

Hope Phil is back ... it wouldn't be the same without him. Especially watching the way Phil reacts to his sons. I'm ready for this show to start!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

me too! its been tooooo long. i love phil but i did read in the description that it mentioned his health problems and 'will he be able to stay on the ship?' so it doesnt seem like its over.
    ignorance is excellence

+ Reply to Thread