+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

If you go on the show's page you can learn what REALLY happened with Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;3081938;
    Thank you AFrankR! I'll do that now. It's always sad to see someone sick that you've gotten to know on a show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AFrankR;3081938;
    Do you have a link?

I was worried about Phil last week when they showed the preview. Then I watched "After the Catch" and saw that he was fine, so it alleviated some of my concern. It was still intense. I agree about his continuing to smoke when he was coughing up blood...crazy barstard! I noticed on "After the Catch" that he wasn't smoking at all, though.

I hope he takes care of himself a little better, not only for his health, but because I don't ever want to see him without his shirt on again!

I keep missing bits and pieces of "After the Catch" and I'm curious as to whether they're showing the guys out on the East Coast captains' boats. Phil said that he was out lobster fishing with one of them. I would love to see that!

I love how Phil calls Josh and Jake "Ding" and "Dong."

Is it me, or is Keith a bit on the tense side? Jeez, even when he's just sitting at that table shooting the breeze it feels like he's going to go off on someone instantaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3081972;
    Do you have a link?
    I'll send you a PM, since I just read it.

Dang! I missed the start of the new season? I noticed it on cable guide but it said repeats for those I noticed. Shoot! Guess I'll go to the webpage and see what I missed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I thought it was great the way the other captains reacted to the mutiny on the other boat. I don't doubt that they would have loved to have the owner's son there to teach him a life lesson.

I didn't know there was another brother on the Northwestern; I just thought it was Sig and Edgar.

Love this show and am enjoying the After the Catch. I'd love to see them all on a lobster boat. Then let the lobster guys do a turn on crabbing boats.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Okay I finally found it. I watched the repeat of the aftermath of the rogue wave where Phil gets hurt and it intensifies. Stubborn man. I understand his loyalty and responsibility, but I really felt for his sons who were worried out of their minds. Thank goodness he had someone he could trust to take over the season.

Once again I'm caught up in the crashing waves and the danger of the ropes. The trust/no trust between experience and rookies is always present.

I caught the new show and then After The Final Catch - super as usual. They featured the Coast Guard pilot who rescued the men when waves of ice threatened to swamp one of the boats. SHE (now retired and looking like a soccer grandma) was absolutely amazing! I remember seeing the footage of the rescue last year and am so glad to have learned more about it this year. I loved when one of the guys said about the Coast Guard rescurers that their voices are flat. That they could say The World Is Ending with no emotion. She confirmed that the business of saving lives demands control and that the crew can compartmentalize - pushing emotion and adrenaline way into the background. She said After it is over, she releases by talking and talking and talking. What a wonderful person.

YAY! I'm glad I found the show again...though I can't believe Phil still thinks he can return to the season, though his doctors don't think he can. Stubborn Man.

(I'm half Swedish and only half stubborn, but those Norwegians take the cake!)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Phil was chewing gum like a madman on after the catch. I hope his health improves. I just love Phil and Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalwatcher;3081978;
    I was worried about Phil last week when they showed the preview. Then I watched "After the Catch" and saw that he was fine, so it alleviated some of my concern. It was still intense. I agree about his continuing to smoke when he was coughing up blood...crazy barstard! I noticed on "After the Catch" that he wasn't smoking at all, though.

I hope he takes care of himself a little better, not only for his health, but because I don't ever want to see him without his shirt on again!

I keep missing bits and pieces of "After the Catch" and I'm curious as to whether they're showing the guys out on the East Coast captains' boats. Phil said that he was out lobster fishing with one of them. I would love to see that!

I love how Phil calls Josh and Jake "Ding" and "Dong."

Is it me, or is Keith a bit on the tense side? Jeez, even when he's just sitting at that table shooting the breeze it feels like he's going to go off on someone instantaneously.

I LOVE this show! Probably my favorite show TBH. Sig, Phil & Jonathan are my favorite captains. And Edgar Hansen is awesome.

I have seasons 1, 2 & 3 on DVD, and can't wait for season 4 to be on DVD as well.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

+ Reply to Thread