+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Deadliest Catch

Re: Deadliest Catch

Love this show. Love the captains and their snarky comments. Love Phil's "this is why lions eat their young". What happened to Blake (Maverick)? This is one job I would not want to have, but the money they make for 2-3 months is usually more than I make all year.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2932341;
    Love this show. Love the captains and their snarky comments. Love Phil's "this is why lions eat their young". What happened to Blake (Maverick)? This is one job I would not want to have, but the money they make for 2-3 months is usually more than I make all year.
    There is no way in hell I'd want to do their job, nor would I want my husband doing it either. I don't care if it paid a million dollars. Very dangerous & extremely harsh working conditions.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

When pigs fly and I get all famous ( ) and get interviewed on Inside the Actor's Studio and he asks "What career would you NOT like to do", I'm answering "Alaskan Crab Fishing!!"

"Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2932341;
    This is one job I would not want to have, but the money they make for 2-3 months is usually more than I make all year.
    I couldn't possibly see how I could get the job done fast, safe and accurately after being up for over 24 hours straight. I would have had to have grown up around it to at least feel comfortable stepping in as a rookie.

Yeah, where's Blake? He was uh, nice to look at...not that I don't find the show entertaining as well.....but....well, where's Blake?

I googled Blake and the Maverick and came up with this story...seems like there was a big drama in season 2 and it appeared Blake quit the show....this site says...'not true'...this is a blurb from the site...
    You won't see Blake on the Maverick for opilio season due to the fact that he was skippering the Evening Star again for Dungeness crab. The area we chose to fish did not open until mid-January making him unavailable for the Maverick's delivery dates again.

Create a Blog - FREE Blogs at Thoughts.com

Blake is a second generation commercial fisherman, born and raised in the port town of Astoria. Growing up he was always actively involved with our boats and fisheries, gill netting, salmon trolling, albacore tuna fishing, longlining for black cod and halibut and dungeness crabbing. From an early age he was always eager to learn about any aspect of the industry. Among his certifications is that of Safety Instructor.

Today he skippers the F/V Evening Star for Dungeness crab, black cod and halibut. He also runs the F/V Maverick for the Quashnick's during tendering for salmon and herring, as well as king crab. You may have seen him for seasons 1 through 3 of Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch.
    Last edited by misslada; 05-12-2008 at 07:27 AM.

Captain Phil was injured when a wave hit his boat.

In a scene to be shown later this season, a monster wave pummeled his boat in January, causing him to fall out of his bunk. He punctured a lung and broke his ribs. But his condition worsened after a blood clot dislodged from his leg and traveled to his heart.

Harris almost died from a pulmonary aneurysm, and the remains of the clot are still life-threatening.

"I'm eating massive amounts of medicine" to break down the clot, he says. "I take them every day and pray."

At the top of the page it also says Broken ribs, broken wrists, broken arms, broken back.

Poor Phil. I sure hope he takes care of himself. The show wouldnt be the same without him.

Brushes with death standard for 'Deadliest Catch' star | AccessAtlanta
    Chittlins forever y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by misslada;2987911;
    I googled Blake and the Maverick and came up with this story...seems like there was a big drama in season 2 and it appeared Blake quit the show....this site says...'not true'...this is a blurb from the site...
    You won't see Blake on the Maverick for opilio season due to the fact that he was skippering the Evening Star again for Dungeness crab. The area we chose to fish did not open until mid-January making him unavailable for the Maverick's delivery dates again.

Create a Blog - FREE Blogs at Thoughts.com

Blake is a second generation commercial fisherman, born and raised in the port town of Astoria. Growing up he was always actively involved with our boats and fisheries, gill netting, salmon trolling, albacore tuna fishing, longlining for black cod and halibut and dungeness crabbing. From an early age he was always eager to learn about any aspect of the industry. Among his certifications is that of Safety Instructor.

Today he skippers the F/V Evening Star for Dungeness crab, black cod and halibut. He also runs the F/V Maverick for the Quashnick's during tendering for salmon and herring, as well as king crab. You may have seen him for seasons 1 through 3 of Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch.
    Thanks..i sure do miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by TnCountryChick;2996523;
    Captain Phil was injured when a wave hit his boat.

At the top of the page it also says Broken ribs, broken wrists, broken arms, broken back.

Poor Phil. I sure hope he takes care of himself. The show wouldnt be the same without him.

Brushes with death standard for 'Deadliest Catch' star | AccessAtlanta
    Dang! Him & Jonathan are my favorite captains. Poor guy! Sounds like he was on the top bunk & that must have been one hell of a wave. Not the way you want to get woken up.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2998756;
    Dang! Him & Jonathan are my favorite captains. Poor guy! Sounds like he was on the top bunk & that must have been one hell of a wave. Not the way you want to get woken up.
    AWWWw...I hope he gets better soon...I also like Phil...I like the guy who took in the bird tonight (Sqawky)...lol...that jerk Sig probably would have thrown him overboard and hollared here sharky sharky...dinner time...lol...I also love this show but I love this channel...
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread