+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Kept (VH1)

Kept (VH1)

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2005/03/24/jerryhall_kept/
    VH1 link: http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/kept/series.jhtml
    This looks like something I might be watching.
    Jerry Hall: Looking for a Reality Love

March 24, 2005

Like the U.S. Marine Corps., JERRY HALL is searching for a few good men to compete in VH1's new reality series, "Kept," debuting Sunday, May 29. The series features 15 attractive men, ages 21 to 35, who will compete for the opportunity to live the posh rock 'n' roll lifestyle for a year.

"They're going to have to be a bit like SEAN CONNERY as James Bond, because I think he's heaven," Jerry tells ET. "Choosing men is just like choosing a diamond. You don't want to go for the man who's obviously flawed."

Jerry, the former Mrs. MICK JAGGER, will play Pygmalion to the hopefuls as they compete for a six-figure allowance. The action moves from London to Paris as the men are required to swim across the icy-cold Thames River, go shopping at Harrods to find the perfect gift for Jerry and other, as yet, undisclosed challenges in their attempt to prove to the long, tall Texan that they are the one to be "Kept."

"They have lots of things they're going to have to learn about etiquette," Jerry tells ET. "They have to learn about European sophistication and they will have competitive trials to get to the next stages. I think it'll be a comedy."

Each week Jerry, with a little help from her friends and family, rates the guys on the specific challenges and, like most reality series, one will be sent packing.

"If one stands out as an obvious jerk, then he's gotta go," Jerry says of the first elimination. "There was one that was wearing these flared trousers, we'll see."
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I just saw the promo for this, it sounds like a hoot. I mean Jerry Hall and 15 hot young men. Heeheeheehee. I'm there.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Regular
    Jerry Hall's accent= more grating than Madonna's. Her rock star wife friends and her huddling around smoking cigarettes is pretty funny to watch, though.

That Ricardo guy is hot! I can't stand that nasty one that needs a shave and needs to wash his hair. He was the one at the end that wasn't chosen to leave. Where does he get the idea that he's all that? He's disgusting.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I don't think that I can really seriously sit down and watch this. I was switching between 2 other shows when I discovered it on VH1. I'm not a big Jerry Hall fan anyway. This smacks of The Player.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I was actually impressed with this one I'd already chalked it up in my mind as a complete waste of my time, but hey, it was something to watch on the tv-less holiday weekend....little did I know I'd end up loving it. I didn't think I'd care for Jerry at all, but found her extremely tolerable. Her assistant that's doing her "dirty work" of sending the boys home reminds me very much of Adam Ant's Goody Two Shoes video back in the 80's...so that was a fun mental flashback as well. None of the guys have really impressed me so far, but I was sure as heck glad to see the Travolta impersonator go home....he was just icky poo when not done up to look like John! Next up has to be the one that was left with him, he's another one that just reeks of ick to me.

A tacky, cheesy show that humiliates men that we all secretely watch? Looks like we found the show to replace the void Mr. Romance left!
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

I set the machine to record this, but I haven't actually seen an episode yet. I do like the idea that Jerry hall openly says she thinks it will be a comedy, as opposed to pretending to look for love and all that sap the way they do on most of the dating things. Looking for....possible boy toy for rich woman approaching middle age? Sounds watchable to me!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Caught a rerun of this last night. It was good. If you are a fan of The Bachelor or Bravo's Male Model Search, I think you would love this show.

Did anyone catch the latest episode, I think the show is pretty good. The guys in the show are halarious. Ricardo and Slavco are soooo funny in a metrosexual/Zoolander way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast