+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kept (VH1)

I caught an episode of this earlier tonight. I didn't plan on watching, but the tongue in cheek nature of the show kept me tuned in.

Ricardo is an ass. I kept hoping that all of his comments about being there to win was foreshadowing and he'd be going home. It's clear that Jerry thinks he's arrogant and doesn't find that to be an appealing quality. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he gets eliminated.

ANTMADDICT99 - Ricardo and Slavco (what is with the names!? Isn't one guy called Colineric or something?) were totally channeling Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson a la Zoolander. I'm sure they had no idea how funny they were.

Best line of the episode (said, I think, by Seth about himself in the briefs): "Hung like a light switch"
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

After VH1's dismal record scheduling of Surreal Life 4 and Celebrity Fitness Challenge I really didn't want to submit myself to another bout of total frustration but after channel surfing I caught the last segment of ep 1 and was interested. I was dissappointed with Hell's Kitchen, pleasantly surprised with Beauty and the Geek and with Kept. The editing is nice and tight and the confessionals are terrific. Ricardo is such a sleeze, I love listening to men's confessionals as to how great they are and how woman flock to them. They are so lacking. We women are so compassionate that we forgive a lot. I was impressed with Jerry Hall, she really has a head on her shoulders and boy, is she in control. I like her tongue in cheek comments. What is really funny is that the older women see right through the younger mens attitudes.

Was is Ricardo that made all those comments about Jerry's friends all being boards and old (in ep 1)? Believe me that was the kiss of death as far as getting ahead. You don't forget things like that it will come back and bite you. Now I'll check out Strip Search and hope that is as good as Kept.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    It was Seth who called Jerry and her friends broads and old ladies. He was trying to be funny, but still it's a competion about how well you can please a woman. I loved the Fashion show. Ricardo and Slavco, the 2 self proclaimed professionals, were the so cheesy. Austin and Anwar were actually very good (Jerry's manager gave Austin her card).
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

I thought Seth was being such an ass in the first episode but he's starting to grow on me with his humor and yeah the names Ricardo and Slavco sounds soooo soap opera. Jason is such a hottie!

I don't think the winner actually gets to be "kept." If they do, it probably will be only for a month or two. It seems kind of like a con thing to me. But, reality tv winners rarely get what they are suppose to. I think Jerry Hall has had too much plastic surgery and botox. She can barely move her lips when she talks.

After this show, none of these men will ever get any touch. Selling yourself as a gigalo tends not to go over well with regular ladies. I personally have never dated a woman who would have been okay with me having a sideline as a male prostitute. But, anything to be on tv
    Oh I wish I were an Os-car Mayer Wie - ner
    That is what I'd tru-ly like to be
    'cause if I were an Os-car May-er Wie - ner
    Ev-ery one would be in love with me.

c. Oscar Mayer, 1965.

Ha! I finally saw the first episode. What a hoot! My favorite line by Jerri to her girlfriends.... it's so hard to pick just one (to go). They're all so deserving (of being booted off)....

I don't think the guy are actually selling themselves. The winner gets a $100,000 prize, I'm pretty sure no one actually gets to be Jerry Hall's sex slave.

I love Austen. He's so adorable.

Ricardo....get over yourself. You aren't even as cute as Slavco (or whatever his name is)

Ricardo really needs to go. I'm with whoever said they can't wait to see the look on his face when he's eliminated. Yuck. He's so in love with himself he couldn't possibly notice anything else around him.

Austen is the one to beat, I'd say. Gorgeous and polite, quiet yet refined (hmmm, he sounds like a fine wine).

I'm liking this show much more than I thought I would. It's interesting if only to see Jerry's pals, who are mostly girlfriends to 20th century rock dinosaurs. to VH1 for the editing. It's actually funny, and Jerry doesn't take herself seriously at all.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

When I first saw the commericial for it I thought Jerry Hall was going to be this really nasty old horny lady that wants a young guy that she can keep as a boy toy but it's really not what the show is all about. I actually like Jerry Hall now, I think she's really well mannered and very inoffensive.

+ Reply to Thread