+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amazing Race Wedding Mark II

Amazing Race Wedding Mark II

Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich, whose lavish wedding ceremony will be televised later this month, aren’t the only TAR couple that will get to enjoy media funded nuptials.
    Gay couple Lynn Warren and Alex Ali will cap off a week of wedding related fun with an historic live to air wedding ceremony in Ottawa Canada, broadcast and paid for by Hot 89.9FM.

Although promising an “event the world will never forget”, Operations Manager for Hot 89.9 Rob Mise also remarked on how challenging it’s been for his team to put the wedding together in such a short time.
    They’re pulling out all the stops for Lynn and Alex though, even though they had just a little over two weeks to pull it all together.

The couple will arrive in Ottawa on May 29th and will enjoy a combined bachelor party and take part in a number of promotional events with the local and national media for this event, claimed to be a "world first".
    The wedding will take place on June 1st, broadcast live on the New Hot 89.9 FM Morning Hot Tub, hosted by Mauler, Rush, Laura and Josie at 8am est.
    The cermony is to be held at the Ottawa Congress centre with an evening recpetion at Suite 34.

Although details have not been released and station management is not willing to confirm or deny specifics, it is reported that a number of celebrities have been invited and are expected to attend.
    A-list actors and Lynn and Alex’s fellow Amazing Race competitors are rumoured to be on the guest list.
    The Ottawa Sun has reported that race victors Uchenna and Joyce Agu, Meredith and Gretchen Smith and mother and son team Susan and Patrick Vaughan will be at the wedding. Host Phil Keoghan and actress Rosie O’Donnell are also expected to attend.

For Lynn and Alex, the wedding is a dream that, due to living in the United States, they never thought would be realized. Together for four years, the West Hollywood couple entered The Amazing Race in the hope of strengthening their love.
    The New Hot 89.9 FM is about to make their dream a reality.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I had read in USA Today that Rob and Amber were also going to be at the wedding, which I think is really hilarious since Lynn and Alex "despised" Rob and Amber!! Good way to get publicity tho for all 4 of 'em!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Is it only going to be on radio? I wish it was televised. I'd waaay rather watch this than the Romber wedding. I wonder if any of our Ottawa FORTers could snag an invite?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Yes, just on the radio as far as I am able to tell, Q.
    There will no doubt be tv camera's there too, but it'll likely be reported more as a news story than as an actual televised event.
    Shame really, I would have loved to have watched.

They were so consumed with not letting Romber beat them in TAR that they just had to beat them to the altar, didn't they?

I thought Romber already got married, they just haven't televised it yet.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I thought Romber already got married, they just haven't televised it yet.
    I stand corrected by the reality news guru. I guess it was April 19th when they got married. I thought it was going to be live. Heck that makes it even funnier then. Will Phil be there to say "Lynn and Alex, you are the second team to arrive at the altar."

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Will Phil be there to say "Lynn and Alex, you are the second team to arrive at the altar."
    Let's just hope it's a Non-Elimination Leg.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I really liked Lynn and Alex, even though I know they didn't have too many fans on FORT. I would love to see them tie the kno. Too bad CBS isn't paying for and televising their ceremony.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Shame really, I would have loved to have watched.
    Me too!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread