+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Your Favorite EM:HE?

What's Your Favorite EM:HE?

So... which family has been your favorite for the show Extreme Makeover: Home Edition?

My favorite was the Vardon family..

I don't know if you remember, but the parents (Larry and Judy) were deaf, they had a 15 year old son (Stefan) and a 12 year son (Lance) who was autisitic and blind.

Here's a link incase you don't remember: http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremeho...on_family.html

That entire show... I just cried for the full 2 hrs!!!! Best show ever!!!

Mine would have to be the Dolan's... the shooting happened at a local Radio Shack, a shopping center that I go to rather often. My BF's dad was eating in a restaurant in the same shopping center at the time of the shooting.

I was impressed that they mentioned the other victims of the shooting and aided them as well. The job at Radio Shack was a second job for him, he had bought his parents home and was in the process of renovating it. It was such a senseless tragedy!

FORT Newbie
    I loved almost all the families...I liked the one with the Leomitis-Higgins Family where the mother and father of the Higgins kids died so the Leomitis took them in even though their house was way too small...they seemed like a very loving and deserving family...the episodes I most disliked was the one 2 Sundays ago. The one with the guy who was just diagnosed with adult epilepsy. Oh God that house was so disgusting...I couldnt even believe they lived like that and then to blame it on his epilepsy and his wife having to work 2 jobs was very ridiculous. They had all those people living in that tiny hosue to supposedly help out but what could they have helped doing it was still a pit...They lived like that for years before he got sick and alot of people work multiple jobs and still keep up with their home...it was really a disgrace. I was very disappointed with that episode...the 2nd was the one with the Sextuplets. They chose to use fertility treaments which led to having multiple birth and the one thing the EMHE application says is they do not want applicants that have simply outgrown their home which is all they talked about the whole episode...not to mention that they couldnt even afford the home they had because the town of Birmingham already helped to save them from losing their home so I wonder how opn earth can they afford a house more than 2xs the size of the old one...

I too loved the one with the deaf parents and autistic child. What I loved the most about that episode was they didnt even apply for the show themsleves; they were nominated by the older sons teacher when he wrote an essay for school. What a great family even with their disabilities...I was so happy for them...

FORT Newbie

Soldier Dad

Hello All,

I think that EM:HE is the most amazing show on television. I have really enjoyed all of the shows, and usually end up crying at the end of almost all of them. These teams change people's lives, not just their living situations.

For me though, my most favorite was the one where the father was away fighting in Iraq, and the team re-built their house. The part that touched me the most was after the family got done looking around the house and that, the producers showed the family that their Dad was home. They forgot about EVERYTHING but the fact that their Dad was there. I am getting goosebumps just thinking about the show. It was amazing...

To MANY more episodes of this amazing show.

Justin

Welcome to FORT capucci!

I've loved every episode of this show, and cried at most of them. But I guess, like CallieCutie, I have a special place in my heart for the Vardons.

I keep wondering when they're going to run out of money for these projects. Hopefully never.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Cappuci that is my absolute favorite episode too. The oldest sons reaction really hit me the hardest even though I cried throughout that episode. Like when his parents came by to see the progress on the house and he came out from behind the dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf
    Cappuci that is my absolute favorite episode too. The oldest sons reaction really hit me the hardest even though I cried throughout that episode. Like when his parents came by to see the progress on the house and he came out from behind the dresser.
    Yeah... I remember that one too. I cried really hard (what a surprise... I cry at EVERY episode). When the oldest son saw his dad there, oh geez.... I just couldn't STOP crying..

I'll put this family as my 2nd favorite...

You just can't beat the Vardon family I think, in the end, when Lance was just swinging away forever... oh geez... I'm tearing up now thinking about it!

BTW... Cappuci and CantGetNuf, I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here...

You're talking about this family right?

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremeho...um_family.html

Quote Originally Posted by blueyz28
    Mine would have to be the Dolan's... the shooting happened at a local Radio Shack, a shopping center that I go to rather often. My BF's dad was eating in a restaurant in the same shopping center at the time of the shooting.

I was impressed that they mentioned the other victims of the shooting and aided them as well. The job at Radio Shack was a second job for him, he had bought his parents home and was in the process of renovating it. It was such a senseless tragedy!
    This was an excellent episode. It was a 4 kleenex show.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    The Vardon's were also my favorite. That Stefan kid is going to do great things in his life. My other favorite episode is the one they did in So. Cal. The woman who lost her husband in a car accident. She ran a farm, and all of the farmers donated hay and Randy Travis performed. When Paul placed those boots by the fireplace, and the wife saw them, I just bawled. It was the best finishing touch for any room the team has ever done.

+ Reply to Thread