+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline (A&E)

Airline (A&E)

New season starts Monday May 2nd at 8pm

Did you watch the marathon today? That's all I watched all afternoon.

Yeah I watched most of it.
    I really hope Gina from BWI will be on the new season

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I love this show. I started watching awhile back...it seems that the catch phrase of the show is "I'm never flying South-West again"...LOL you hear it almost every episode..but hey its all good.
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

Gotta love Mike in Lax. He takes so much crap from the customers but manages to stay in a good mood.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasfan
    Gotta love Mike in Lax. He takes so much crap from the customers but manages to stay in a good mood.
    True! But they all take so much crap from the customers..have we even seen an episode where there's actual praise for the airline or the customers? Nah its pretty much a rarity!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I liked "Airport"--the UK version of this--better. For one thing, it isn't just one airline--it's various employees within Heathrow airport. I like the bigger picture that it offers, compared to this US show...where it is just about one airline.

For another thing, the choice of Southwest airlines is curious...as it is an low-frills budget airline. They aren't known for their customer service (...you have to bring your own meal...you aren't assigned seats, etc.)

And, in watching this show, I find that I don't often feel sorry for these Southwest employees either... Rarely do I see them take the time to adequately explain situations or to empathize with the passengers who have been inconvenienced. (One that comes to mind is the woman who had her wedding dress run-over. There are ways of dealing with that situation other than shrugging your shoulders and saying "hey, this stuff happens"--which is what it seemed the baggage supervisor did (even if they DID give a voucher to go towards a new dress, the situation could have been handled more effectively with more tact.) And they complain incessantly, usually just about doing their jobs...about doing exactly what they are being paid to do... Doing your job is not a hardship, people... (Of course, when the passengers are thoroughly enebriated, however, then I do feel bad for them...and I do understand that they sometimes have to make an individual situation worse in order to make things better for the rest of their passengers.)

I'm surprised that Southwest finds this to be good publicity for them... I used to be a big supporter of Southwest. I actually think less of them after watching this on A&E.

pg--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    I'm surprised that Southwest finds this to be good publicity for them... I used to be a big supporter of Southwest. I actually think less of them after watching this on A&E.
    I think it's probably good publicity. They do have some exceptional employees, if you ask me. (i.e. Mike, Yolanda) They seem to possess a tact and level-headedness that I could never display. I mean, some of those passengers are EVIL!!

I remember reading something that said the people who produce Airline asked several airlines about doing it and Southwest was the only one that agreed. I'm impressed with them that they have the "nothing to hide" attitude.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

FORT Fogey
    I haven't flown Southwest since I was a poor college student so I don't know much about their customer service. My basic response to those angry customers would be that you get what you pay for. You chose to fly a discount airline so just deal with it.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    I think it's probably good publicity. They do have some exceptional employees, if you ask me. (i.e. Mike, Yolanda) They seem to possess a tact and level-headedness that I could never display. I mean, some of those passengers are EVIL!!
    I strongly agree. I love the show. I think the supervisors and managers, Mike, Yolanda and the blonde lady whose name escapes me right now, are exceptional. I'd love to have any of them working for me. They are effective problem-solvers, and seem to handle just about any situation calmly. I was especially moved by the episode where Mike had to help the older gentleman with Alzheimer's change his clothes so he could get on the plane. Mike's a valuable asset to Southwest (as are the others) and I hope they get compensated for their efforts.

I have no idea how they keep their cool with some of the (usually drunken) idiots they have to deal with. I lose my cool with idiots in general, whether they've been drinking or not. "Who are you to tell me I'm abbreviated?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast