+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline (A&E)

You are not going to tell me that there were new AIRLINE episodes on last night Thursday? please don't do this to me.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Looks like a new episode coming up this Monday at 8pm eastern.
    Dunno how many new episodes we have left.

Hubby thinks they should just name the show "Drunks Don't Fly."
    Personally I would never want to drink and fly because alcohol is dehydrating and the air on the plane is super dry to begin with. We still would like to know why they think it is OK to sell people booze on the plane. If someone got drunk on the plane, would they be refused their connecting flight? We are just waiting for that situatioin to come up.

FORT Regular
    It is easy to board a plane drunk. And easier yet to get drunk on a plane.. unless you are like Laura Flynn Boyle and get naked and crawl around the cabin. Selling liquor is a money maker for airlines.

Not that I'm sticking up for the passangers but some of the agents this season are just not nice.
    They don't help the situation.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by trimspa
    It is easy to board a plane drunk. And easier yet to get drunk on a plane.. unless you are like Laura Flynn Boyle and get naked and crawl around the cabin. Selling liquor is a money maker for airlines.

She was looking for a sandwich, wasn't she?

Seriously, the airlines have to do everything they can to avoid any liability - and letting someone fly who is obviously under the influence could end up ugly. When someone wakes up in an airport lounge in Las Vegas, when their initial destination was Salt Lake City....boom - you got yourself a lawsuit.

I agree that this season more negative experiences are showing up - I wonder why. Possibly so it doesn't look like a Southwest infomercial.

Oh that woman last night with her "I'll lose my job, my daughter will have to drop out of college, I'll have to sell my house" spiel after showing up LATE for her flight really irritated me! I hate people like that. If getting on that flight meant the difference between having a job and not having a job, GET THERE ON TIME! And then when she wanted the Southwest supervisor to talk to her supervisor, I was about in fits! I hate when people can't take responsibility for themselves.

***deep breath***

There... I feel better. Thanks, FoRTers.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    Oh that woman last night with her "I'll lose my job, my daughter will have to drop out of college, I'll have to sell my house" spiel after showing up LATE for her flight really irritated me! I hate people like that. If getting on that flight meant the difference between having a job and not having a job, GET THERE ON TIME! And then when she wanted the Southwest supervisor to talk to her supervisor, I was about in fits! I hate when people can't take responsibility for themselves.

***deep breath***

LOL
    I felt like that about her too. I hate people who can't take the responsibility to do basic things and then blame everyone else for their problems.

Sometimes I think some of these people are really playing it up for the camera

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot

***deep breath***

It's nice to know I'm not the only one to feel that way! She made me want to slap my tv! I was also thinking that if she is that close to the brink of losing her job, this won't make a difference.

And lose her house along with her daughter having to drop out of college? Because of a missed flight? Give me a break.

I saw 2 Airline segments last night, back to back. I had work to do and that program keeps me awake. Most times I don't watch it straight through, but while I'm doing stuff that early in the A.M. I can have one ear tuned to what's going on.
    It cracks me up... all the ways people beg, cry, plead, holler, scream to get on board a plane.

THIS SHOW CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast