+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Airline (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I lose my cool with idiots in general, whether they've been drinking or not. "Who are you to tell me I'm abbreviated?"
    They are funny, aren't they? And when they argue that they aren't drunk, it's even funnier.

What about that gal who wanted to walk her kids down, but it was a holiday and they would only allow one adult with them? She went on the most unbelievable tangent about stepdads not being legal guardians and all that. My husband was just dying. (He's a law enforcer!) That gal was obnoxious. Until she rambled on and on, I was actually on her side. I would have wanted to walk my kids down, too. But, it was like she failed to connect with reality. "I can't handle two kids by myself. What if one gets kidnapped?" Isn't that why they have this "silly" rule, ma'am? So there are limited people in the gate area, thereby decreasing the number of people and the possibility that some creep will grab your kids?
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I was especially moved by the episode where Mike had to help the older gentleman with Alzheimer's change his clothes so he could get on the plane. Mike's a valuable asset to Southwest (as are the others) and I hope they get compensated for their efforts.
    That one made me cry, especially Mike's comments at the end. He said that his mom was in a similar situation and since he lived too far away, his siblings were taking care of her. He said that he just hoped that if his mom were in a similar situation that someone would have some compassion for her and treat her with dignity and respect and try to help her as best they could.

It looks like Mike's mom raised a fine boy who went on to become a wonderful caring man.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by scout0460
    That one made me cry, especially Mike's comments at the end. He said that his mom was in a similar situation and since he lived too far away, his siblings were taking care of her. He said that he just hoped that if his mom were in a similar situation that someone would have some compassion for her and treat her with dignity and respect and try to help her as best they could.

It looks like Mike's mom raised a fine boy who went on to become a wonderful caring man.

I know, that made me cry, too. I'm sure several people were crying. He is such a sweetie - and he is always like that. You have to admire a guy who can be so gentle with the idiots he has to deal with every day. I know if I were having a problem at the airport, I'd be running around looking for Mike! Mike, help!

And that lady who couldn't handle TWO kids? What's up with that? Lots of women wrangle five or six kids with ease every day. I wanted to boot her butt. Then tell her she'd better not have any more kids or she'd have to bring another adult into the mix to raise them kids of hers.

Just wanted to comment on Mike and the Ahlzheimer's patient... I was so touched by that. He showed some much grace and really helped that elderly man maintain some dignity. Some people would have been laughing and joked about the situation afterward and you could see that he was very touched that he could be there to help. It was like he was honored to help him and that says a ton about the kind of person Mike is.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    Anybody see last week's episode where one passanger helped the crew play the "invisible wife" practical joke on the supervisor Eric? Haha, I laughed so hard when I found out it was an April fool's joke...that actor was convincing, he had me thinking he was completely WHACK...good for a laugh!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I saw that episode, Jonas... it was funny. I kept thinking "this has to be a joke" but that guy kept it up so well that I was even starting to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    I saw that episode, Jonas... it was funny. I kept thinking "this has to be a joke" but that guy kept it up so well that I was even starting to believe it.
    That's exactly what I went through. I kept thinking "What if they let him on the plane and he freaks out when one of the other passengers steps on his invisible wife?"

The last few episodes seem to have had more irate customers than usual. A big to Southwest for letting us see what really goes on - even if it occasionally makes them look bad.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I absolutely believe Southwest (and other airlines, I imagine) need to have alcohol breathalizers or something at their disposal because there are some passengers that have seemed just fine to me and have been denied boarding. Yet, last season they had a whole drunk crew going to a Packers game, I believe, and they let every one of them on board. But others, who maybe mentioned they had a drink in the bar, are left off the plane. For instance, that cusser from the last episode... although he was a complete butt for threatening to beat that guy up, he didn't appear to be drunk, just an angry little man.

Any thoughts?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree! A breathalizer would totally work.

People would be much more willing to miss a flight if they blew a .10 and saw that they were intoxicated..instead of someone just outright denying them a seat cuz they "look" drunk.

Well, I dunno about "much more willing to miss a flight" ... but at least there would be a rule in place and something to back up the flight attendant's suspicions.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I have also notice more drunk passangers this season.
    I don't like all the SW employees they have on the show, but the SW agent this past Monday who was being threatened by the one drunk guy showed incredible restraint.
    People show up at the airport hours early and sit around and drink.
    One day I think they'll stop selling alcohol at airports.
    I wouldn't want to be an agent and have to decide if someone is drunk or not.

I heard that some of it may be staged but it looks pretty real to me.
    Mike and Gina are my two favorites. Gotta love Mike for taking his sister to the reunion last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast