+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Barkers

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn7575
    I have met Travis a few times, we have a few mutual friends He is actually a very down to earth guy. It has been about 3 years since I have seen him, but he was always nice to me. He was married once before and she was quite the party girl, which I heard ultimately drove him away. While Shanna and him seem to be out a lot too, they are much more settled and seem focused on their family. Shanna was engaged to Oscar but found out that he was cheating on her by seeing him on T.V. with someone else. I doubt we will see him on the show, she had a restraining order against him, which he violated several times which led to a court case. I am sure that he has some sort of visitation rights, but I doubt we will see him hanging out having a beer or anything. I think they are adorable, and I hope they get a second season. He is starting a new band with Mark and a girl singer so it would be great to see that develop.
    I heard Oscar don't spend time with the daughter and his other child.

FORT Fan
    the show is interesting, not the cleavers...however the one thing i just cannot get out of my mind is travis cutting or pulling a hair out of shannas nose, it grosses me out everytime i think about it and everytime i see her i think about it...also i cannot believe she let herself be filmed smoking a nasty cigarette on the street corner, how low class, and her constant cussing gets old....at least nick and jessica protected their image while filming the show, shanna needs to do the same...probably not the image we think about when we think of a beauty queen....it only goes to show that life isnt always fair....she would be a night mare to be with....other than all that i like the show.

FORT Newbie
    I love this show, i'm hooked. I like the fact they are being real.

I loved the wedding, great dress. I liked how they didn't show it too. Allowed the guests to have fun without cameras in their faces.

To Jaymes4u:
    I think Jessica needs to protect her image, since she has such a religious background.

FORT Fan
    when i first started watching the show i thought, travis was a joke and shanna had it all together...wrong, travis is a force..a hard worker, a creative soul and takes care of business....shanna turns out to be really lazy..dont all the best mothers sleep untill 3 in the afternoon, didnt yours, dont you....and how could an educated worldy woman just happen to get pregnant by 2 men without getting married at least once, seems like she knows how to trap a man...a high profile rich man..what are the odds of this happening twice....travis will get tired of this, wait and see..once the daily grind of reality sets in..and we saw his temper so we know hes not a push over...it doesnt matter how much money they have, her lack of responsibility will start to get to him, the dingy blond thing only works for so long....however travis was a plesant suprise, good job travis..for the future, remember planned parent hood...

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymes4u
    when i first started watching the show i thought, travis was a joke and shanna had it all together...wrong, travis is a force..a hard worker, a creative soul and takes care of business....shanna turns out to be really lazy..dont all the best mothers sleep untill 3 in the afternoon, didnt yours, dont you....and how could an educated worldy woman just happen to get pregnant by 2 men without getting married at least once, seems like she knows how to trap a man...a high profile rich man..what are the odds of this happening twice....travis will get tired of this, wait and see..once the daily grind of reality sets in..and we saw his temper so we know hes not a push over...it doesnt matter how much money they have, her lack of responsibility will start to get to him, the dingy blond thing only works for so long....however travis was a plesant suprise, good job travis..for the future, remember planned parent hood...
    Preach on mah brotha! I saw her as that "type" too. I think Travis is an amazing man who is (regardless of what the cameras show) doing a wonderful job of parenting BOTH children. Atiana included. From the way it sounds this little girl NEEDS a father figure and you can tell Travis ADORES her. The thing that gets me is that even though they have all this money, Shanna isnt spending the time she should be with her kids. I mean, obviously they are rich and have a nanny....but I think its sad how much Shanna sleeps and isnt really enjoying her son. The NANNY IS! My daughter is 16 months old and every MINUTE with her is a ride because I NEVER KNOW what shes gonna do or say next. Shanna obviously isnt up for most of her kids day so how could she possible take the time to interact with him? It just doesnt do him justice IMHO.

I wonder though if MTV just edits it so it looks like Shanna sleeps alot...

Hmmm... editting is a tricky thing.

FORT Fanatic
    I'm choosing to believe that, like many parents, Shanna and Travis can only find time to have a conversation by shutting the door to their bedroom. Also, the show was filmed during a pretty hectic time in their lives, so perhaps there wasn't a lot of time for Atiana and the baby (I forget his name). And furthermore, it seems like MTV really wants to focus on the sensational stuff (sexual references, strippers, nakedness, lack of showers, partying), and frankly, conversations with kids just don't seem like the thing to increase ratings. Travis and Shanna probably spend loads of time with their kids, we just don't see it.

Or it could be that I'm just totally hooked on this show and don't want to think anything bad about either Travis or Shanna.

Well since it's right in the opening sequence - everything being crossed off Shanna's To Do list in favor of a nap - it seems obvious to me that they intended to play up the "Shanna's lazy" angle. I don't think if she was actually that lazy she'd approve of being shown like that. The day that they switched duties she did just fine.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

FORT Fan
    humm....i thought the day they switched duties she was 3 hours late, and when she ask the model how long she had been waiting, she said since 7am....didnt her assistent keep calling her and she wouldnt get out of bed. i cannot think of any reason she would want to play up being lazy...maybe she sees nothing wrong with sleeping all day. she seems to be in a daze all the time, maybe shes on something that makes her like that...or maybe shes just as she appears (lazy).
    Last edited by jaymes4u; 05-16-2005 at 05:32 PM.

FORT Fan
    other than pacfic blue, has she been on anything else, what has she been doing for the last 10 years.

+ Reply to Thread