+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet The Barkers

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I've been loving this show! Travis is the "bad boy" that I always like to fall for, unfortunately mine never turn out as great at home as he is. They really are a great family....so much love and great relationships going on in their house.

I was a bit surprised at how well Travis gets treated when he goes out, maybe he's already suffered through the harrassment and problems in the past before people got to know who he is, but nobody seems to care one iota about how he's dressed or is tattooed and mohawked and all....and he's not just trapsing out to the corner market, he's out in really nice shops and restaurants. (yeah, I know having your own film crew tagging along helps as well) Big kudos to the folks around there for not giving a darn and giving him a hard time, cause that's normally not the case.

AmyKay...new episodes are Wednesday nights at 10pm with a couple of the older episodes airing just before it.
    Well... I bet that CA has alot more of those "wild" people then like MI (where I'm from).

Well I sure got proven wrong. I judged by first impression and I shouldn't of...

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    Yeah... Mark showed up for her birthday party. And I agree... I've always liked Blink 182 too, but looks do make a first impression. When the show "Meet The Barkers" first came out... I just thought it'd be so weird watching this guy with a mohawk and all these tattoos raise children, but he's an AWESOME dad and a really sweet guy.

I didn't know that Atiatana (the oldest daughter) wasn't Travis' daughter! It's from Shanna's first relationship. Atiatana is Oscar De La Hoya's daughter. But it's awesome to see that Travis treats her just like she was his own daughter!
    Thanks for the info CallieCutie. I just assumed that the oldest daughter was Travis' also. He certainly doesn't show any difference between her and his little boy which is awesome. I have to admit that I had always been a big "Mark" fan when I used to watch Blink 182. But, I think Travis has become my favorite now. He just seems so sweet!!!! And, they seem great as a couple.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I really like this show too. But I'm not in agreement that Travis (or Snanna for that matter) treats the little girl "the same" as he/they treat their little boy. Don't get me wrong -- I believe Travis is sweet toward Atiatana, but she gets 1/4 the attention that the baby does.

They seem to be very much in love.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    I really like this show too. But I'm not in agreement that Travis (or Snanna for that matter) treats the little girl "the same" as he/they treat their little boy. Don't get me wrong -- I believe Travis is sweet toward Atiatana, but she gets 1/4 the attention that the baby does.

They seem to be very much in love.
    Well I think that's what happens when you have a baby. My oldest sister has a young baby girl right now about the same age as Landon and a son about the same age as Atiatana. I notice them spending more time with the baby girl instead of my nephew, but it doesn't mean they love the baby girl more. I guess babies just need more attention and handling and care, where as kids Atiatana's age are able to play on their own and do their own thing. (BTW... If any of you Mom's disagree with me on this.. please by all means tell me. I'm not a Mom and I've only just observed what I've seen with my sister and other people.

I wonder if Oscar De La Hoya will ever be on the show! That'd be interesting to see Travis and Oscar in the same room... talk about tension... talk about drama... talk about a FORT reader's dream!!!!

BTW... from what I understand... Oscar De La Hoya and Shanna had a REALLY bad breakup and there was some lawsuits filed (I'm not sure of which). So I kinda doubt Oscar and Shanna are on "talking terms".

I do wonder though if Atiatana gets to see her dad much?

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I guess babies just need more attention and handling and care, where as kids Atiatana's age are able to play on their own and do their own thing.
    Hmmm...The little girl is what. . . 4 years old? Maybe 5? She's still very young and definitely needs just as much attention. And yes, the baby needs more "handling", but I just don't see the same interaction shown to *Shanna's* daughter. JMO.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Regular
    BTW... from what I understand... Oscar De La Hoya and Shanna had a REALLY bad breakup and there was some lawsuits filed (I'm not sure of which). So I kinda doubt Oscar and Shanna are on "talking terms".

I do wonder though if Atiatana gets to see her dad much?
    I was wondering that also - how often she sees her dad. She is a beautiful little girl!!!!! The little boy is a doll too. I loved how sweet Travis was when he took him to the doctor.

FORT Fanatic
    I saw a couple episodes of the show (love it) and the first thing I noticed was that the little girl got barely any attention compared to the boy. After the first episode, I figured she wasn't their daughter (sort of like the cousin or neice or whoever the little girl in the Eminem videos who is not Haley) - but then she said Mommy in the second episode I saw. At one point, I think they go to pick Travis up at the airport or something, and they're making a big fuss over the baby and talking about Daddy, and the little girl is just standing there like a privileged orphan. There was a cute scene with the little girl putting on make up with her mom, and I hoped that what I had seen was just not representative - after all, it's like 20 minutes of footage of these people's lives, not a real representation.
    Anyway - glad to see I am not the only one who had this reaction.
    Wow - a Miss USA as your mom and Oscar De La Hoya as your dad - there's a winning ticket in the genetic lottery. I love De La Hoya.

Quote Originally Posted by DagnyTaggart
    I saw a couple episodes of the show (love it) and the first thing I noticed was that the little girl got barely any attention compared to the boy. After the first episode, I figured she wasn't their daughter (sort of like the cousin or neice or whoever the little girl in the Eminem videos who is not Haley) - but then she said Mommy in the second episode I saw. At one point, I think they go to pick Travis up at the airport or something, and they're making a big fuss over the baby and talking about Daddy, and the little girl is just standing there like a privileged orphan. There was a cute scene with the little girl putting on make up with her mom, and I hoped that what I had seen was just not representative - after all, it's like 20 minutes of footage of these people's lives, not a real representation.
    Anyway - glad to see I am not the only one who had this reaction.
    Wow - a Miss USA as your mom and Oscar De La Hoya as your dad - there's a winning ticket in the genetic lottery. I love De La Hoya.
    I agree! Oscar De La Hoya is De La HOT!!! And Shanna is pretty attractive too... That little girl is gonna be a heartbreaker when she gets older...

FORT Newbie
    It seems like I'm the only one who likes this show. At first it was weird seeing a guy like Travis as a dad, but I must say... he's a great dad! When he saw his baby dancing in the car... THAT WAS SO CUTE!

So... am I alone here? Or are y'all secretly hiding that you like the show? Hate it?
    I love the show!!! At first i couldn't imagine Travis being a dad but he is a great dad. If you look at him he looks like a punk but he's really sweet. and his kids are so cute and so sweet. All my friends hate that show but i love it i watch it all the time. i don't know why???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast