+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forty Deuce

Forty Deuce

I just wanted to put this up here in case anyone is watching this show.

Since it's on Bravo (as opposed to, say, FOX), they take a more documentary approach. It would be so easy to exploit their subject matter, but they are respectful.

Did anyone else do a doubletake when the show's credits roll and the man behind this is Zalman King? Zalman "I virtually invented the Skinemax genre" King...

Other than that...it's amazing that people like Ivan end up with any money when they surround themselves with any number of headcases... (The fact that he, himself, seems to be a headcase might have something to do with it...)

Suzy seems brilliant...except for her unwavering support for Jaid...and her eternal confidence in even the most mentally and emotionally unstable dancers in her stable.

Everything seems completely messed up...which, as we know, makes for excellent reality tv.

pg--"damn it, trapped by another stray BRAVO reality series!"--seattle

Yes, I noticed Zalman King's credit. We only get HBO now, but back in the day I noticed Red Shoe Diaries because I always liked David Duchovny even before the X-Files, from the first I saw him on Twin Peaks.

I thought it was funny that when Ivan speaks to the diary camera he often refers to his wife as "Champagne Suzy" instead of just "Suzy."
    I wonder if they showed more of their son if he would be anything like the son on "Showdog Moms and Dads."

I love this show. I watched it by accident one night and was immediately absorbed. I thought they did an excellent job of covering a burlesque show without being tawdry. All of the dancers and the owners are such colorful characters that you instantly care about them and their lives. I thought it was very well done.

And the nearly nude, gorgeous dancers would help anyone maintain a healthy interest in the show.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by pg13
    Suzy seems brilliant...except for her unwavering support for Jaid...and her eternal confidence in even the most mentally and emotionally unstable dancers in her stable.
    I used to be that kind of boss, so I'm sitting at home thinking, Suzy ... noooooo. The flakes won't rise to the challenge, they'll just fail on a grander scale. Listen to your husband! Lose them now!

Anyway, is it just me or can anyone else not tell the difference between a Forty Deuce star and just another stripper? I'm missing something.

Love the show, though.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

It's watchable - but -

I think his choice in dancers is a bit strange sometimes... I saw other ones at the auditions who I felt were equally good or better, and certainly more attractive.

All his dancers have the same type of face, almost all are brunettes and large busted - I think if he's running a club, with this type of entertainment, he should pick all types, since his customers will have all types of personal taste. That's just my .02.

I did notice a blond in there too, but it seemed she was getting sidelined. I had the feeling someone made him hire her or something, since he likely had to cowtow somewhat to the show's producers or whoever invested in his club. But who knows.

I guess if you get people drunk enough they think they're having fun no matter what?!

I do give him props for having a club in which the dancers aren't just nude (not nude at all actually) but can actually dance.

+ Reply to Thread