+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber's Wedding

Can I come too!!!

I like Romber...I didn't start watching Survivor faithfully until the Season before All Stars....but I like Rob and Amber....and Love weddings.
    ---------------------
    opps....

By all means come! And bring friends. Unk and Broadway are buying. We should have a real blast.

How could one not watch? They have been such a big part of my "reality" that it might be like missing a close friends wedding. Plus, Atlantis is beautiful!!!!! So romantic....I am sure that it will be a very lovely event. I am happy for them...

So we can pencil you in as a yes?
    We're going to have such a merry group. I can't wait.

Egad. No offense meant to those who are eager for this, but I find the idea of watching the wedding of mock celebrities, who were paid for the privilege, somewhat disturbing. I don't even dislike Rob & Amber all that much, it's just the "made-for-TV" aspect that turns my stomach.

I suppose I share the thoughts of the earlier folks who were "cool, if they can milk it, let them". I mean, I'm a fan of P.T. Barnum too. But I personally won't be anywhere near.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Yeah, right. I see that dim glow in the back bedroom window. I know you're cranking up the little tiny old tv in there so no one will know that you're a wedding junkie. You just may as well come on and join us. As you probably know, we're making a party of it. Dress casually now. Very casually.

Unk, Mudah, Broadway....consider this my RSVP.
    I will be wearing my pj's... and I will bring cake.

MRD
    Well I'll be there Muduh and I'll be wearing my new hat too.

It all started with the wedding of Tiny Tim and Miss Vickie on the Tonight Show, then there was Prince Charles and Diana (hey I'm going to see her WEdding dress tomorrow. What a coincidence! ), then Fergie and that other prince (Edward? Andrew?) so why not Rob and Amber?

Oh and let's not forget that Pres. Johnson's daughter's wedding in the 1960's was televised from the White House.

So there have been a lot of "reality" weddings on tv before this one.

Count me in! I love these two. I've actually grown to like Amber more on the AR than I ever did watching her in Survivor. Hey, if I can put up with Trista's 3-part Pink Extravaganza I can handle Rob and Amber on the beach. What the heck, I'll bring the bubbly...

Listen, don't be grumpy about this, folks.

Most of us who are watching the wedding know R&A better than our own family/neighbors/co-workers. After all, we saw the courtship and proposal on TV. And they have been very respectful and sweet to each other on TAR, too.

They're like the really cute cousins that everyone's begging to get an invite from, 'cause they know this wedding will be PHAT! Rob is going to be a handsome groom; Amber will be a beautiful bride. We can wear jammies to the wedding. Where's the harm in that?

I don't know anyone else who's getting married this year, but weddings are happy -- and thank you, CBS, for providing one!

Can I bring a bottle of champagne to toast the happy couple?

+ Reply to Thread