+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber's Wedding

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    I'm guessing that all you wedding watchers are tivoing or recording, since it will be on at the same time as AI. Or you don't watch AI?

As much as I dislike Rob, I will probably record the wedding and watch AI live. This way I can also FF thru the bleh parts of the wedding.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kraziladi
    I'm guessing that all you wedding watchers are tivoing or recording, since it will be on at the same time as AI. Or you don't watch AI?

As much as I dislike Rob, I will probably record the wedding and watch AI live. This way I can also FF thru the bleh parts of the wedding.
    Heh, there are probably more bleh parts in AI.

Unless one plans to vote in AI, fast-forwarding through a recording isn't a bad idea. OTOH, Romber's wedding has presumably been edited down to the most important and interesting parts.

Actually, I'm in favour of watching recordings of both. That way, one can eliminate all the advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin
    Actually, I'm in favour of watching recordings of both. That way, one can eliminate all the advertising.
    Yep, I'll be watching it the way I watch EVERYTHING now - prerecorded and zooming thru the commercials and boredom (which is 90% of AI). How did we live before DVR? Barbaric.

I hadn't planned on watching it but after all the talk about it I just gotta. Especially if it's true that Colin Cowie was the event planner, he's so creative.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

I may set my PVR to record it, but i won't go out of my way to watch it. And if my harddrive gets too low on space, then I'll probably just end up deleting it.

But, I may watch it, who knows.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerfley
    How did we live before DVR? Barbaric.

I'm tellin' ya!!!!

I tivo Jeopardy. By the time I FF through the commercials and the "chatting with contestants" (I hate that part. Really, who cares that your great aunt gave you a dictionary at 3 years old and it started you on the path to meeting Alex Trebeck) the 30 min. show is only 15 min. long.

Tivo or DVR is like having a microwave for the TV!!!!

Back to topic. I plan on watching the wedding. I used to be an event planner, so I am a sucker for stuff like this. I want to see the dress, the flowers, the decorations, etc.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'll definitely be watching. I love watching weddings.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

We're definitely going to have to book a larger hall. Unk's living room isn't going to hold us all. As I've already stated, I want my own couch so as not to damage my chapeau.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Of course I'll be watching it.

Out of all the reality contestant hook-ups, I think these two are the best.

I've never understood people who say they "hate" someone they don't know (it's a game show, "Survivor", you're to outwit, outlast, and outplay the others) but I'm gonna be watching! They appear to love each other. It's better than watching another bloody shoot 'em up show.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar
    Well, I'll be watching! No matter what you think about these two, they seem to be in love and I'm a sucker for a good love story!! I can always channel surf back and forth between this and AI.
    Don't be shocked ...but I'm living without Tivo or DVR or PVR or whatever I do, however, still have my old reliable ..the VCR. I know how to run it and it works great!

+ Reply to Thread