+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber's Wedding

I'm watching it. I don't care if they are fame-seekers or not. I still like them.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion, Little Protectors Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    I wish them all the best. But I won't be watching, just not interested.

I'd rather wave a metal rod during a thunderstorm than watch these two get married. Why should I watch this, or any, wedding of strangers? A few hours of fame from reality shows hardly makes their wedding worthy of being a national event.

And in anticipation of expected replies: There are many, many couples just as loving as you perceive Romber to be. There are many, many couples who are as famous (or more so.) There are many, many couples who manage to get married without getting a check from Mark Burnett to defray wedding costs (heck, I got married for less than $500.)

The only thing worse than this farce is if it gets good ratings and becomes a trend--Jeff and Julie! Ethan and Jenna! Lynn and Alex! And during sweeps, Rupert and Linda (?) renew their vows! Who wants that??
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder
    I'd rather wave a metal rod during a thunderstorm than watch these two get married. Why should I watch this, or any, wedding of strangers? A few hours of fame from reality shows hardly makes their wedding worthy of being a national event.
    Very true, but I'd treat this as one step up from my watching "A Wedding Story" on TLC. I absolutely love watching weddings just as much as I love seeing a complete stranger's little baby in a stroller. I don't care that I don't know these people personally, I just love watching such a blessed and fun event.

The fact that I've seen this couple on my television screen for X number of hours just makes it a little more worthwhile. Oooing and ahhhhing at Colin Cowie's arrangements is going to be fun.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

And in anticipation of expected replies: There are many, many couples just as loving as you perceive Romber to be. There are many, many couples who are as famous (or more so.) There are many, many couples who manage to get married without getting a check from Mark Burnett to defray wedding costs (heck, I got married for less than $500.)
    And there are many many actors with more talent than Adam Sandler, but they don't get paid 20Mil a movie. Life isn't fair and some folks get lucky.

I despise weddings in real life, so I sure as heck aren't going to watch one on TV, but I wish no ill will on them for milking the fame cow for all it is worth. I am guessing they didn't ask for this to be paid for. No doubt many folks came to them.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Atlantis Resort

My boss was actually down at the resort during their wedding. He said that you could tell it was a big bucks wedding...so he and his wife were asking around to see whose wedding it was. Finally, someone told them it was Rob and Amber's from Survivor (which my boss and his wife do not watch). He said that everything was pretty hush hush. He and his wife were able to walk around the tents and such...and saw that the table settings were blue glass/crystal. He said the sound systems was Ginormous. He said that his suite (7th floor) overlooked the wedding, but it was approximately two football fields away. The wedding was outside, on one of the large plateaus that I guess the resort is cut into or surrounded by. He tried videotaping a bit...but his video is dark...he said you can see people dancing...but really cannot make out who they are.

FORT Fogey
    I will not be watching (and I did watch Trista/Ryan's when it was on). I liked Amber a little on Survivor Australia, but never liked Rob, and once they teamed up that was it for me. It's dragging it out way to much for me (they've collectively been on 5 CBS shows)... what are they going to do next? Or will they simply live off the interest from the $$ they've gained through this association?

FORT Newbie
    I will definitely be watching...I love them both and thought their relationship was really romantic. Yes, I'm a sap.

i'll be watching! i like them together!

The only thing worse than this farce is if it gets good ratings and becomes a trend--Jeff and Julie! Ethan and Jenna! Lynn and Alex! And during sweeps, Rupert and Linda (?) renew their vows! Who wants that??
    Ah, come on and watch with us. They aren't really strangers you know. They've been hanging out in your living room for a couple of years now.
    Besides we're having a pajama party. Just chose your favorites along with some God awful hat. Unk is furnishing some refreshments and Broadway the drinks. We won't take no for an answer, ya hear?
    ( psssst,I got married for the price of the license and a few bucks for the preacher.)

+ Reply to Thread