+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popularity Contest: CMT

Popularity Contest: CMT

Just caught the first 2 episodes of this reality series today .. loved it!

Anyone else in here watching??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah I caught it too & it looks pretty good so far.

I caught the same two episodes and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it so much, I added it to my "Season Pass Manager!

Now I have a reality show for Fridays ...

Yep, caught it last week, too. I enjoyed it.

The producers must have known that the psychic was going to ruffle a few feathers in the heart of Texas. In the second episode, apparently he did something to upset his hosts. I missed that few minutes. Can anybody fill me in? What did he say/do?

He crashed the place where Rory was staying, and while he was welcomed in he and the old timer got into a discussion about cars ... that was the problem.
    The stuff we were shown was the old timer asking Tana what kind of car he drives, Tana answered with some foreign brand and the old timer asked what his nationality was. He reminded Tana that we fought wars with Korea (he was in that one) and all, Tana responded that he wasn't even alive then, and oldtimer said "your grandpa was". It degenerated from there and Tana left.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2
    He crashed the place where Rory was staying, and while he was welcomed in he and the old timer got into a discussion about cars ... that was the problem.
    The stuff we were shown was the old timer asking Tana what kind of car he drives, Tana answered with some foreign brand and the old timer asked what his nationality was. He reminded Tana that we fought wars with Korea (he was in that one) and all, Tana responded that he wasn't even alive then, and oldtimer said "your grandpa was". It degenerated from there and Tana left.
    Sheesh! Poor Tana. I guess he should have lied and said Ford. Who'd know?

I enjoyed the episode tonight. Rory needs to watch her language. Even though she's already been told, it seems she just can't clean it up.

I'm also getting a bit tired of Marthia (is that right) singing her way into Vega's hearts. She doesn't seem to have much more to offer, though.

Can't remember the name of the town gossip -- er, I mean newspaper editor. When Rory came to her and wanted a confrontation, the editor backed down saying she stopped spreading the word once she was told otherwise, but she didn't try to sop up the mess she'd made, did she? Don't get me wrong, I have no love lost for Rory. I just thought the editor proved to be a bit of a coward.

I started watching it. Apparently they are going to run a marathon of the shows that have aired so far. I think it's today.

I saw the episode Friday. Seems like a pretty good show so far. I liked how the guy gave the money to the older lady surviving cancer (I think?!?). that was nice of him to do but I guess he is trying to get votes to stay there, right?!

FORT Newbie

Jose's Reality Tv Whore??

Jose from Popularity Contest was on a new MTV dating show over this past summer called, Date MY Mom!!!...it was a pretty funny show where contestants went out on dates with three different mom's and then without seeing or meeting their daughters chose one of the girl's to go out with on an all expense-paid date ...all from just dating their mom's...you can check him out in the promo video on mtv's website under "shows" ...when I saw Popularity Contest I remembered seeing him on Date My Mom right away so I went to MTV's website and double checked and I was right!!
    Last edited by pinkslippers; 04-25-2005 at 01:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast