+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No 'Simple' Answer Yet for Fox Reality Show 'The Simple Life'

No 'Simple' Answer Yet for Fox Reality Show 'The Simple Life'

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...sion_simple_dc

Fri Apr 15, 3:49 AM ET Entertainment - Reuters

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - With the production start date for the next installment of Fox's reality series "The Simple Life" approaching, the rumor mill is going into overdrive about the future of the reality franchise starring socialites Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.

Socialite Paris Hilton (L), who stars in the television series 'A Simple Life,' poses with Kimberly Stewart, daughter of singer Rod Stewart, as they arrive for The Young Hot Hollywood Style Awards at the Element nightclub in Hollywood April 13, 2005. The rumor mill is going into overdrive about the future of 'The Simple Life' and Stewart reportedly is among those being considered to replace Nicole Richie on the show now that she and Hilton have had a falling out. (Lee Celano/Reuters)

The falling-out between the former best friends over the past year has been well documented. Now reports have surfaced that in the new season of the show, targeted to begin production in late spring-early summer, Richie might be replaced.

Sources said that both Hilton and Richie are under deals to appear in at least five seasons of the show, but their options for the upcoming installment have yet to be picked up. According to syndicated entertainment newsmagazine "The Insider," the show's producers are considering Kimberly Stewart, daughter of singer Rod Stewart, as a potential replacement for Richie.

"We are currently discussing internally the creative direction of the next season of 'The Simple Life,"' show producers 20th Century Fox TV and Bunim-Murray Prods. said in a statement Thursday. "We are huge fans of both Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie and look forward to solidifying our plans for the next installment of this fantastic franchise in the very near future."

A 20th Century Fox TV spokesman declined further comment on the future of the show as well as on the possibility of another potential unscripted reality vehicle for Richie.

This is not the first time "Simple Life" has faced uncertainty. Before production began on the current "Simple Life: Interns" season last fall, Hilton gave a series of interviews in which she declared that she was too busy to do the show. Nevertheless, the hotel heiress ultimately showed up for work.

After a scorching first season in 2003, "Simple Life" has lost some of its luster. Now in its third season, the show still delivers respectable numbers for Fox.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

I still watch this occassionally, but it is a pathetic shell of the first season. This should have been on for only 2 seasons and now they want to do a fourth. And looking at that picture above, there is going to be no eye candy in the 4th season.

Chris

p.s. sorry the 'search' function does not seem to be working and I couldn't find a recent thread on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpayroll
    I still watch this occassionally, but it is a pathetic shell of the first season. This should have been on for only 2 seasons and now they want to do a fourth.
    This show has become so pathetic that I have completely given up on it. So it doesn't really matter to me who they cast for season 4.

What completely boggles my mind is that FOX gave up on "Playing it Straight" and "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" halfway through season 1, but are going to torture us with a 4th season of this crap.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I will say the same thing I have said for all the other FOX shows I didn't like but got renewed.

WHY MORE BAD SHOWS LIKE "SIMPLE LIFE" and LESS ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Ok, my rant is done.

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Funny how once Nicole cleaned up her act by kicking drugs and lost some weight, Paris kicks her to the curb. I didn't really watch the show, but Nicole was the only redeeming factor of this show. She's the one that came up with all the pranks and schemes. Paris just stood there.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    WHY MORE BAD SHOWS LIKE "SIMPLE LIFE" and LESS ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Ok, my rant is done.
    No, you can keep ranting!

Chris

+ Reply to Thread