+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Craft Corner Deathmatch (Style)

Craft Corner Deathmatch (Style)

Craft Corner Deathmatch Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on the Style Network

Do you dare to decoupage? Are you aesthetically aggressive? Is pain on your palette? Then maybe, just maybe, you're tough enough to handle Craft Corner Deathmatch, every Wednesday night at 10 on the Style Network.

It's Martha Stewart Living meets Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome when amateur crafters compete against each other, against the clock--and against the imposing Craft Lady of Steel. Armed with nothing more than hot-glue guns and a few basic materials, the contestants must swiftly assemble projects that are judged on beauty, creativity and utility. Host Jason Jones is the devious ringmaster, throwing twists into each challenge and riling up the bloodthirsty studio audience.

For these hardened competitors, honor's at stake. But what's in it for you, besides the gut-wrenching thrill of watching two desperate do-it-yourself divas go mano a mano? Gladiator training, that's what: Each epic episode offers battle-tested quickie craft ideas and tips for taking on an artsy adversary of your own.

The New York Post calls it "utterly demented--and addictive as crack." So, wanna get swept up in the fine-arts frenzy? Then check out our episode guides and the Craft Like You Mean It section for recaps, step-by-step project instructions and more.

This ain't your grandma's sewing circle--it's home ec as extreme sport, and someone's about to get the craft kicked out of 'em.
    http://www.stylenetwork.com/ssms-sit...51672e5bafc425

I just caught this show for the first time last week and could NOT stop laughing... or watching! "Do you dare to decoupage?" Even the episode recaps on Style's website are a riot!

Please tell me I'm not the only one about to be totally obsessed with this show
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just saw an ad for it at the mall this past weekend. I've never heard of the show but the print ads are kind of funny. I'll have to check it out.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I would love to see this show, it reminds me of Iron Chef craft style! The commercials crack me up

Unfortunately it is on during my favorite show (Good Eats) and I won't be able to catch it. Does anyone know if it re-airs during the week?

Oh bummer! DirectTV doesn't carry the Style Network.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I have seen this show, and it's pretty damn funny!! For anyone who likes humor, and liked Wickedly Perfect... this show is right up our alley!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I like the show but the host gets is wearing on my nerves.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I agree applesauce, he really loves to have that growly, gravely, semi-yelling sounding voice ..which does get a tad annoying.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by penguins13
    Unfortunately it is on during my favorite show (Good Eats) and I won't be able to catch it. Does anyone know if it re-airs during the week?
    I'm not sure when it re-airs, but I know they do run it several times throughout the week.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just caught the advertisement for this the other day and then forgot to watch! I'm a crafter and think it would be fun to see.

+ Reply to Thread