+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Supermodels

FORT Fogey

Supermodels

Does anyone remember this old Canadian reality show 'Supermodels', i'm not sure if that's the title, but it was a reality series on global and it was similar to ANTM.

It was way before America's Next Top Model, it was around the time of Popstars, the first one. I remember watching this show and being addicted to it and loving the show and tuning in every week, it was kind of before the whole reality craze caught on. Anyone remember the show, and know any information regarding the contestants? I googled it and managed to find zip. Oh and does anyone remember the name of the winner? I remember her being gorgeous and i felt like she could make it big, but i can't quite remember her name. Wow, the memories, i hope i'm not the only one who remembers the show!

*EDIT* Sorry if this is the wrong section to post in, i wasn't sure where to put this.
    Last edited by Siso; 03-25-2005 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Change title

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I'm not sure but I know that there was this great show called "Search for a Supermodel" - It was Australian and REALLY successful. Even the winner now is a famous model.

Gemma Ward was spotted during the auditions for "Search for a Supermodel".

Sorry I didn't help much but I'm interesting in finding out more about the tv show you are talking about

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    I'm not sure but I know that there was this great show called "Search for a Supermodel" - It was Australian and REALLY successful. Even the winner now is a famous model.

Gemma Ward was spotted during the auditions for "Search for a Supermodel".

Sorry I didn't help much but I'm interesting in finding out more about the tv show you are talking about
    Thanks for the tidbit Popstars was originally from Australia as well wasn't it.

Well I managed to find this much, it might refresh some peoples mind.

Supermodels takes viewers behind the catwalks in search for a Canadian supermodel. Canadian girls compete for the chance to travel to the Ford Models "Supermodel of the World" competition. Contestants also have a chance to win a $250,000 US modeling contract with Ford Models in New York.
    And this http://www.fashionwindows.com/fashio...ls/default.asp

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siso
    Thanks for the tidbit Popstars was originally from Australia as well wasn't it.
    Actually, popstars was originally from New Zealand. I know this because I'm from New Zealand and I remember the show - the group was soooo bad and didn't make it anywhere. After that, I think Australia and the UK made their own popstars series - both better than the original NZ one.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    It rings a bell, but I don't quite recall it.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    It rings a bell, but I don't quite recall it.
    Well at least someone sort of remembers it!

This is driving me crazy, but i think the winners name was Rachel. I can remember faces but not any names but two other contestants names I remember are Ayan and Karyn. Hopefully that'll ring a bell for some people.

I vaguely remember it. I don't remember who was on it, but the name and opening sequence is definitely running through my head.

+ Reply to Thread