+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Invasion Iowa, with William Shatner

Invasion Iowa, with William Shatner

My husband told me he heard Wm. Shatner was filming a reality show where he punks a small Iowa town into thinking they are being extras on a sci fi movie... but he didn't know the name of the show, or when or where it would air. Does anyone know?

Its called Invasion Iowa, check TVGUIDE.com I think it is on next week.

There was an an article about it in USA Today last fall:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...-shatner_x.htm

And here is a closer-to-home article:

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pb.../40930006/1079
    Last edited by kcfemmefatale; 03-24-2005 at 07:51 PM.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Their ad tag line on tv commercials is: "Shat Happens!"

I did a double-take when I first heard it, had to listen hard to it the next time I heard the commercial, but that's actually what they say.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Premium Member
    I think William Shatner was on my list of celebrities I wish would go away this year. Iowa is close to home so I might have to watch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I think William Shatner was on my list of celebrities I wish would go away this year. Iowa is close to home so I might have to watch anyway.
    I like him. I think he's great in Boston Legal.

I love the Iowa song from The Music Man (best movie musical ever!)
    Didn't like Bridges of Madison County.
    That's about all I know about Iowa (other than a famous creative writing program), but I can tell the difference between Iowa and Idaho

P.S. If a moderator reads this, can you change the title to William Shatner (or to Invasion Iowa)? "Willaim" was a typo!
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-25-2005 at 01:36 PM.

Premium Member
    I haven't watched Boston Legal but maybe I should check it out. I was a Trekkie and always loved him in Star Trek but when I say I wish he'd go away I'm thinking more of those awful Priceline commercials.

I will definately check this out LOL, sounds interesting for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I haven't watched Boston Legal but maybe I should check it out. I was a Trekkie and always loved him in Star Trek but when I say I wish he'd go away I'm thinking more of those awful Priceline commercials.
    Who doesn't love Star Trek?

If Boston Legal has reruns you should catch them all! Shatner was very funny in the first episodes. Then they brought Candace Bergin (sp?) in, who is extremely good as well, but it took some of the focus off Shatner. When they brought Freddy Prince in to guest appear as his son that was great.

I also love James Spader in that show. Mind you, I never saw the series that Boston Legal is supposed to be a spin-off of, so you can start watching this series "fresh."

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    Who doesn't love Star Trek?

If Boston Legal has reruns you should catch them all! Shatner was very funny in the first episodes. Then they brought Candace Bergin (sp?) in, who is extremely good as well, but it took some of the focus off Shatner. When they brought Freddy Prince in to guest appear as his son that was great.

I also love James Spader in that show. Mind you, I never saw the series that Boston Legal is supposed to be a spin-off of, so you can start watching this series "fresh."
    Well, you've talked me into it. I'll bet he's doing the Iowa Invasion show because I think he was born in Iowa... or was it Captain Kirk who was born in Iowa? I'm confused now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast