+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Impossible Heists COURT TV Tuesdays @ 10 PM E/P

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Impossible Heists COURT TV Tuesdays @ 10 PM E/P

"You don't just win the prize, you steal it!"

It's like "Ocean's 11" meets "Survivor!" Two teams of skilled professionals are challenged to execute a complex and physically demanding heist while trying to elude the highest-tech security – and they have only a few hours to do it.

Each show is a re-creation of a famous, audacious and sometimes unsolved heist. Over the course of five weeks, you'll get know each team member inside out. Who's the smartest, who's the funniest and which team can turn a Can't Win Situation into a Big Win Payoff?

It's impossibly exciting.

Click HERE to learn more about the show & the contestants!

T.J. Myers
    Hometown: North Hills, CA

Michael Glasser
    Consultant
    Hometown: New York, NY

Nick Annunziata
    former Celebrity Bodyguard
    Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Renata Dziak
    Forensic Biologist
    Hometown: Toronto

Mark Swetland
    Technician and Locksmith
    Hometown: Chucktowaga, NY

Kelleigh Miller
    Hometown: Astoria, NY

Charles Paden
    Hometown: Yonkers

Melissa Brasselle
    Hometown: Van Nuys, CA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    March 15th Premiere Episode
    $10 Million Art Heist

Teams must traverse an enclosure filled with lions outside of the Stately Home, using only a grappling iron and chain link ladder. Then, after disabling the home’s alarm system, they must avoid laser beam security systems and motion sensors, all in order to steal a valuable painting which is protected by an invisible laser barrier.
    Last edited by Maveno; 03-15-2005 at 02:32 PM. Reason: It's on Court Tv, not BRAVO
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

Impossible Heists on CourtTV

Has anyone turned on courtTV lately? They have a reality show now called Impossible Heists and its pretty original. The contestants face off to perform a heist to win the prize. The things they have to do are pretty exciting, check it out. Tues and Sun days

I just noticed the advertisement on Courtv today. It looks like a great change from the reality TV norm.

FORT Newbie
    did anyone catch the encore tonight?

I'm watching it now, but I only turned on the tv about 15 minutes ago, was flipping through channels and caught it. But it's kind of interesting the 15 minutes I've seen so far.

The two teams are trying to break into a mansion to steal a painting.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Hmm, ok, well... As I already said, I only caught the last part of the show, but what I saw was interesting.

The red team and blue team competing against each other to pull off the heist that was based on a real life unsolved heist crime. The winning team is selected based not only on successful completion of the heist within the allotted time, but on how few clues or evidence they leave behind. I don't want to say anything about the winners or how they did, or clues/evidence yet, since I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but I'll say mission completion was interesting.

I enjoy the format of the show. They show it from 2 perspectives -- there is an unseen show narrator who helps to keep us filled in on what's happening as it happens, as well as spliced in brief personal comments from team members applicable to what was currently happening. In addition, in true Court TV fashion, the viewer gets some insight and education in criminal mentality and tools/tricks of the trade.

I really didn't get to see enough of the show to say much about the team members yet, although I can see that one of the women is pretty hung up on her own worth. But the show was definately interesting and different enough that I'll make an effort to catch it again.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

JR.
    I saw it last night, and thought it was pretty good. Way too much bickering going on with the teams though, I thought they were both going to blow it with all the fighting.

FORT Newbie
    Thats what I like, that they are based on real crimes

+ Reply to Thread