+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny 911

Nanny 911

Does anyone want to discuss this, or are we not allowed to start a thread because they put this show in the "Graveyard" where we can't make posts?

Once again Nanny Deb worked miracles. FOX may like to rip off other networks' shows, but in this case the rip off is a good one. I hope it stays on the air whether we can talk about it or not. They seem to have made a few subtle changes. I did not see the butler anywhere. It was weird how he used to hang out and not get introduced, but then he would sit with them and even made a comment one time (I was all, who is that guy?... and then noticed they had a butler). I wished they would introduce him, but I guess they got rid of him instead.

And is Nanny Yvonne the same person? She sure looks different with that haircut. I think I have watched *every* episode aired, and she has either been sent out on one or no jobs so far. Twice they said they were going to air one with a dad and seven girls, but they would air a different show in its place. Did that family sue to block the show from airing, I wonder, or did they air it and it was just not memorable to me, or what?

Yes Harvest, I think we're allowed to make a thread for a new episode even if the forum has gone to the graveyard. I think it just means the FORT won't be recapping the show any more. I almost made a thread myself last night, but I didn't see anyone else online who I thought would be watching the show.

I wasn't crazy about either of the Finck parents. Seemingly Paul went behind Debra's back when he signed up for the show, and she threatened to walk off. It's pretty cool how they ended up with 3 sets of twins though: the first set adopted, then a set by in-vitro, and then the third set - surprise! - au natural.

And yes, we did eventually see the family with the 7 daughters, the Johnstons, on Dec. 22. You can read phat's recap in the graveyard. I was just looking at the FOX website for Nanny 911, (the next family up is named the Cubbisons), and the photo they have there of Yvonne is just hideous! Have the body-snatchers been at work?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fan
    You mean there's only 3 of us watching?

Harvest - I felt the same as you about Nanny Yvonne. When they showed her I wondered if they'd just gotten another nanny and given her the same name. It really does not look like the original.

At the beginning of the show I hated Mr. Finck, but he sure came around quickly and I started disliking Mrs. Finck until I liked her again. For a woman who's given birth to twins, she sure looks fabulous.

Nanny Deb did an astounding job turning those kids around, but when I saw that kid being smothered, I wondered why the film crew didn't step in.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Yvonne is a stage name....I am sooooooo shocked....

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    Nanny Deb did an astounding job turning those kids around, but when I saw that kid being smothered, I wondered why the film crew didn't step in.
    I agree, it seemed real dangerous to me and you never saw her get punished for it - they took the time to show the clip but they could have concluded that with an appropriate form of punishment.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Ok so I'm not totally nuts....thought I might be losing my mind when I saw Nanny Yvonne last night. Either that haircut really isn't flattering or that isn't the same Nanny, personally I'm leaning to the second. Where's Unk? He's the Nanny Yvonne expert here

Oh, poor Unk. He's gonna be so crushed.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I watched and must say I got a little weepy when Nanny Deb was telling the adopted girls they are special.. Sweet.. Seemed a bit over the top as I couldnt tell if the girls really seemed that concerned about being adopted but still sweet.

And the little brother genuinely coming up gasping for air when one of the bigger adopted twins was smothering him with the pillow was very very scary indeed..

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930
    when I saw that kid being smothered, I wondered why the film crew didn't step in.
    Seeing as how it is a FOX show, maybe the crew gets a bonus if they capture some really shocking stuff on tape.

Karen14, first off, let me give you props for entertaining me of show discussions on other shows...I live on the West coast, and can't participate, but I check them out, and Qboots, Pom and you especially make me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    I watched and must say I got a little weepy when Nanny Deb was telling the adopted girls they are special.. Sweet.. Seemed a bit over the top as I couldnt tell if the girls really seemed that concerned about being adopted but still sweet.
    It was sweet...it brought a tear to Mr. Rose and me, because we're adoptive parents . Coming from my perspective, I think the fact that their daughter corrected Nanny (that they weren't 'the first-born' because they were adopted) shows it does matter to her. I came into the show a little late, so it caught me off-guard (as it looked like it caught Nanny), and I thought she handled it beautifully. Our daughter is 18 now and we've always handled her adoption with honest and open communication, and she had different views and questions about it continually during the years, and probably will continue to do so. But we always told her the exact thing Nanny said about being born in our heart. We tried unsuccessfuly for five years to have a baby, and four days after we decided to adopt, we were introduced to her birthmother...if that's not destiny, I don't know what is.
    And the little brother genuinely coming up gasping for air when one of the bigger adopted twins was smothering him with the pillow was very very scary indeed..
    I agree with you...I thought she'd never get off him. That was absolutely frightening. I'm always curious (and shocked) how the parents on these shows, let things get so far out of hand before they ask for help.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast