+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Nanny 911

Crap, I though it was later *off to Bachelor*

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Isn't tonight's show the finale? Anyone going to join me?
    I'm just getting caught up, late as usual thanks to getting distracted. It seems like there's atleast one more episode cause there was a Nanny Deb preview for a family of five, a set of twins and triplets (all boys).

FORT Fan

Jacqueline in Charge

I am thinking that Nanny 911 is not enough. They need to call in those boot camp sergeants from Jenny Jones or all the shrinks from Dr. Phil. The girl Jacqueline is really disturbed. I can't imagine this is only due to daddy's death, although she was really close to her dad. Mom has no coping skills, as the father had handled all the discipline and I have this nagging feeling dad was not respectful to mom and modeled poor anger management skills.

There is NO way that a simple week with Nanny Deb spending time with them...that they're 'cured'. :nono

This was one of the most disturbing 911's that I've watched. I HOPE that it helped the family, but...honestly, I can't see it being the end-all of any form of "help" for them. Pretty sad.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I noticed bruises all over both of those kids...I bet the Mom gets more angry than what she portrayed on the show.
    Nevertheless, those kids should be taken away, until they all can resolve the major issues they all are going through.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    There is NO way that a simple week with Nanny Deb spending time with them...that they're 'cured'. :nono

This was one of the most disturbing 911's that I've watched. I HOPE that it helped the family, but...honestly, I can't see it being the end-all of any form of "help" for them. Pretty sad.
    Big

I felt like some kind of voyeur. That family needs grief counselling. FOX has no shame.

And Zaaam, those kids were terribly rough on each other. I suspect they caused each other's bruises, not Mom. But who knows.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Shoot, I cannot believe I missed this episode. I got stuck at work, and forgot to set the TIVO. I was looking forward to seeing how Nanny Deb would handle this family. The little girl seemed so out of control.

"Amish In The City" JonasIsTheMan's Avatar
    I don't normally watch this show but when I saw the commerical I had to check it out..I have never been so shocked to see what these kids were up to..It was madness! Hitting your mother and getting away with it is crazy...When I was growing up and til this day, I can't even look at my parents the wrong way without getting in big trouble. I'm glad they changed for the better..and I hope for the whole family's sake that they stay that way!
    "After all the backstabbing they've done, those PANSIES can't handle backstabbing themselves." - Jonas P. Kurtz

I started watching this show in March or April and I love it. I love both Nanny Deb (she calls herself "Nanny Deb Deb" on her little video intro - I had to play it several times to make sure it didn't 'skip') and Nanny Stella. I love Stella's accent!!! And watching parenting the way it shouldn't, and then should, be done. Those children!

Although none of them can beat the little b*st*rd on Super Nanny this past week (Andrew Weston).

Quote Originally Posted by JonasIsTheMan
    I don't normally watch this show but when I saw the commerical I had to check it out..I have never been so shocked to see what these kids were up to..It was madness! Hitting your mother and getting away with it is crazy...When I was growing up and til this day, I can't even look at my parents the wrong way without getting in big trouble. I'm glad they changed for the better..and I hope for the whole family's sake that they stay that way!
    Oh let me tell you - I have a friend at work whose daughter (9) hits her. The mother comes in to work black and blue and crying. It's not my family and so I refuse to give her advice about it (others do). Her husband is this obese, uh, Mediterranean bully who will not "let" her discipline the girl. And neither does his father, the child's grandfather, who also lives there. The mother is expected to cook every single night and the husband has not taken her out for a meal in about 10 years. I'm not lying.

I never raised a hand to my parents, or to my two brothers for that matter. My father used "the belt" (these were the 50s). Although I did curse them all out many times behind their backs - I would literally kill to have my parents back on this earth again. I give my daughter mucho guilt trips with that when she "talks fresh".

+ Reply to Thread