+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nanny 911

Nanny 911 show discussion 3/21

Well I don't think anyone is watching this show except me, but keep all discussion in here until midnight, OK?

I just can't believe this family has a 3-year old that goes out into the street to pee, because he's afraid of the toilet. :nono
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Just crazy. The family is Amy & Neil Cubbison who have been married 15 years. Son William, 6, is a bully to his little brother. Son Jac, 3, is the one with the unusual bathroom habits. (I wonder where he does #2?) Baby sister Kaylee looks like a sweetie, but is very clingy to Mom.

All 5 of them sleep in the same bed at night, along with the dog. And Dad pretty much ignores the rest of the family while he spends 30 hours per week tending to his 80 pigeons.

Has Nanny Stella met her match?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    This mother is nuts and the nanny should just walk out.

FORT Newbie
    I'd love it if they show the nanny walking out.

Stella was considering walking out.

Dad seems to be OK with the Nanny's rules, but Mom is playing stupid. She says she understands the new rules, then goes ahead and does whatever she wants anyway, and just plays dumb. But Stella is on to her.

Turns out that the boys are perfectly happy sleeping in their own beds. It's psycho-mom who is trying to keep them as her little babies by dragging them into her bed. And when she has a bath, she makes the baby come into the tub with her.

FORT Newbie
    boy everything gets wrapped up in 2 minutes. I have to say the Supernanny show is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by BelaOxmyxx
    boy everything gets wrapped up in 2 minutes.
    And I'm not really buying it. I'm glad the older boy helped the younger one get over his fear of the toilet. But I'd be very surprised if Mom has truly given up her clingy ways.

"You watered the plants...how cool!"

I'd laugh if it weren't so disturbing.

Random thoughts:

I take it they were independently wealthy. La Jolla, CA is a very costly place to live, and no one seemed to be working.

I would love to see the post-mortem footage from Nanny Central as they discuss their cases. :-)

I wonder whether Neil distanced himself from Amy early on, what with the pigeons and all, and she used the kids not just for companionship, but to avoid intimacy with a husband she felt kind of estranged from.....or...whether Amy kept using the kids to avoid intimacy and that's when Neil began spending more time with the pigeons.

I felt bad for Jac. He said the toilet was scary. I remember being very afraid of falling in the toilet when I was a kid. (Heck, maybe my mean older brother threatened to throw me in when I was two or three, and I believed it--you never know how these things develop.) But don't they have little child's toilet seats that you put on top of the big seat, to make easier to sit and less precarious? (Beats Nanny's "surprise" of leafy bathroom decor!) And what was with making it seem like no one had actually shown Jac how to "do it" before? I mean, William showing him looked like some sort of revelation. I have a hard time believing Jac hadn't already been shown how to stand there and use a toilet!

I'm just watching it now. I can't believe she would let the oldest kid discipline the 3 year old. That is so wrong in so many ways. She's warping both those boys' psyches!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer
    I remember being very afraid of falling in the toilet when I was a kid. (Heck, maybe my mean older brother threatened to throw me in when I was two or three, and I believed it--you never know how these things develop.)
    It took my sister-in-law forever to potty-train my nephew. His older brother had him convinced the toilet would suck him down.

+ Reply to Thread