+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Little People, Big World

Quote Originally Posted by jstgrneyes;2148409;
    I'm not so sure it is just the kids that are messy, I have five kids , three still living at home and my house would never be as messy as that house is. Its one thing to have a lived in look and another to be so blant about picking up. If they are never shown how to keep their house clean how do you expect the kids to do anything but what they do.
    I agree, it's not just the kids

Remember the episode where Matt had gotten Amy a professional organizer as a gift..... she *bristled* and Matt knew that would be the reaction.

I think Amy is very busy and has her plate full plus they have never trained the kids to put things away, so the kids just toss stuff down and there it stays.

My mother never would have put up with that because she always kept everything in its place and the house was always neat and tidy.
    I can remember being no more than 3-4 yrs old and already knowing that the toys were to be picked up and put back in the toybox after playing.... my mom started when we were very little, probably 1 or 2 yrs old showing us to put our things away before moving on to something else.

By the time we were the age of the Roloff kids it was just a natural habit to put things in their proper place, it wasnt like a chore it was just normal.

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2125179;
    Here's another story with a little bit more detail:

"Update: Reality TV Star Injured In Pumpkin Catapult Accident

HILLSBORO, Ore. - Two people injured in a weekend pumpkin catapult accident are home from the hospital.

Jacob Roloff, 9, and Mike Detjan, 58, were seriously injured on Roloff's family farm.
    The boy was reportedly playing near the 25-foot-high catapult when it fired prematurely, whipping Roloff in the face. The 2,000-pound concrete counterweight pinned Detjan, who was helping to launch pumpkins.
    Roloff's skull was dented and required surgery. Detjen had 200 stitches.
    Roloff and his family are featured on The Learning Channel's "Little People, Big World" series. His father, Matt Roloff, said it was a fluke thing that "we want to make sure never happens again."

http://www.koin.com/Global/story.asp?S=5614812
    Wow, great to hear everyone is doing ok. I have seen every episode this year and saw the blurb at the beginning of the show regarding this.

Setting my vcr for saturday before i forget
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

The season finale is Saturday at 8pm Eastern.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Oh goodness, that's such a terrible accident. I'm glad they're going to be okay.
    I just recently started watching this show. I actually quite enjoy it. It's really rather interesting and I find informative too. I hope there's a new season.

FORT Fogey
    This is one great show and one really interesting family! I do wonder where the money comes from, because while they talk about finances and that Amy worries about money, they do seem to have it when they need it (the surgery and hospitalization without insurance, the new "projects" on the farm, Molly's dental work, travel for the family to Milwaukee, etc.).

I do have to say, sometimes Zach seems a little whiney to me, but that may just be me (although my niece loves this show - she got me watching - and she agrees with me on that). I would love for the show to concentrate a little bit on the normal sized kids and if they deal with any harassment because of their parents size. Also, when they went to the LPA in Milwaukee, we don't see or hear much about the normal sized kids and how they react or feel about things. That's a shame. But all in all, I love the show and I think Matt is one handsome man. Plus, he's such a free spirit, how can you not love the man? (Although if I had to live with him, I'd probably squeeze the ever-lovin' free spirit out of him, just for a moments peace).

Let's hope there is a third and even fourth season of this show!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The only thing I know for sure is that Zach's twin just loves going to the LPA conferences. They've shown him on his knees dancing with the little people ladies! I thought that was a neat adaptation since he's about twice as tall as most of them. This last time was the first time, I think, that they've shown Amy and the other kids going to the convention.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2176882;
    This is one great show and one really interesting family! I do wonder where the money comes from, because while they talk about finances and that Amy worries about money, they do seem to have it when they need it (the surgery and hospitalization without insurance, the new "projects" on the farm, Molly's dental work, travel for the family to Milwaukee, etc.).

I do have to say, sometimes Zach seems a little whiney to me, but that may just be me (although my niece loves this show - she got me watching - and she agrees with me on that). I would love for the show to concentrate a little bit on the normal sized kids and if they deal with any harassment because of their parents size. Also, when they went to the LPA in Milwaukee, we don't see or hear much about the normal sized kids and how they react or feel about things. That's a shame. But all in all, I love the show and I think Matt is one handsome man. Plus, he's such a free spirit, how can you not love the man? (Although if I had to live with him, I'd probably squeeze the ever-lovin' free spirit out of him, just for a moments peace).

Let's hope there is a third and even fourth season of this show!
    It seemed liked they concentrated on the soccer game that episode. I couldn't decipher where they were playing soccer either, I didn't recognize any landmarks.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2176882;
    But all in all, I love the show and I think Matt is one handsome man. Plus, he's such a free spirit, how can you not love the man? (Although if I had to live with him, I'd probably squeeze the ever-lovin' free spirit out of him, just for a moments peace).
    This cracked me up. I agree he's an absolute sweetheart ... and yet I can also see how he drives Amy crazy sometimes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I've also noticed how Zach talks to Matt like Amy talks to him. This boy, absolutely, channels his mother! Then again, Zach talks to everybody just like his mother does. These two (Zach and Amy) are twins...a generation apart.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2177594;
    I've also noticed how Zach talks to Matt like Amy talks to him. This boy, absolutely, channels his mother! Then again, Zach talks to everybody just like his mother does. These two (Zach and Amy) are twins...a generation apart.
    I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I don't see it. I like Amy and I can see how she could get frustrated with Matt sometimes and that shows on occasion when she speaks to him. Zach, on the other hand, comes across as a spoiled kid who is often disrespectful to his father and sometimes his mother. For someone with two exceptional role models, Zach seems to be all about whining about what he can't do instead of getting out there and enjoying life and showing people what he can do!

And BTW, that Little Zach kid was awesome!!! His parents were amazing and that was reflected in their child! Would love to know more about that family and if the Dad made it home from Iraq yet. Anyone know?

+ Reply to Thread