+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 473

Thread: Little People, Big World

  1. #181
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,711

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by marauder;2839875;
    If you ever watched the credits, Matt has producer credits on the show. In interviews he has said that he has input into what in shown and how things are shown. If they didn't want the crew there, Amy wouldn't have been giving interviews during the trial.
    I'd still have to argue that he'd want it included because it does wonders for the ratings of the show which feeds into their revenue. This is their income. Also, he has input, but that does not mean he's the sole decider. I just think that there's far less altruistic reasons for what he's doing and that he was incredibly lucky to get the sentence he did.

  2. #182
    FORT Fogey candor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    3,175

    Re: Little People, Big World

    I'm probably the only person who thinks he's innocent. I noticed during the RV road trip that he was always straddling the center line, and not just because the thing was wide. In fact it bugged me so much that in later episodes I looked to see if he drove in the middle of the road with his own car. Sure enough ...

    That said, the fact that he wouldn't take the breathlyzer is disturbing. If he thought that it was because standard tests don't work the same on little people, then I wonder why his lawyer didn't raise that at trial. But I chalked it up to editing.

    By the way, did anybody notice how off the sequences were in the most recent episode? One segment it's fall, another it's early summer. (He mentioned Jeremy going to the "Fun Center," which runs during Portland's Rose Festival, which is in June.)

  3. #183
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by marauder;2839875;
    If you ever watched the credits, Matt has producer credits on the show. In interviews he has said that he has input into what in shown and how things are shown. If they didn't want the crew there, Amy wouldn't have been giving interviews during the trial.
    Matt may have input as to what is shown on TLC but he sure doesn't have a say when it comes to Court TV who also broadcast the trial. The judge was the one who allowed those cameras in the court house.

    Candor, yes the editing has always bugged me. You can always tell when things are out of sequence by looking at Jeremy's hair
    Last edited by Bunny555; 03-14-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    CYA

  4. #184
    FORT Fanatic ChristoferHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    495

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by candor;2841557;
    I'm probably the only person who thinks he's innocent. I noticed during the RV road trip that he was always straddling the center line, and not just because the thing was wide. In fact it bugged me so much that in later episodes I looked to see if he drove in the middle of the road with his own car. Sure enough ...

    That said, the fact that he wouldn't take the breathlyzer is disturbing. If he thought that it was because standard tests don't work the same on little people, then I wonder why his lawyer didn't raise that at trial. But I chalked it up to editing.

    By the way, did anybody notice how off the sequences were in the most recent episode? One segment it's fall, another it's early summer. (He mentioned Jeremy going to the "Fun Center," which runs during Portland's Rose Festival, which is in June.)
    If he was so innocent, why wouldn't he take the breathalizer test, knowing that refusing to take it would result in his losing his driver's license for a year? If he is one of the producers of the show, that explains where all the money is coming from. He, most likely, is getting a "performance" fee (along with the rest of the family) negotiated by his agent and also a hunk of change to be one of the producers. Sometimes the producers are just in name only to provide the "star" with a way to make additional income.

  5. #185
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2847968;[B
    ]If he was so innocent, why wouldn't he take the breathalizer test, knowing that refusing to take it would result in his losing his driver's license for a year?[/B] If he is one of the producers of the show, that explains where all the money is coming from. He, most likely, is getting a "performance" fee (along with the rest of the family) negotiated by his agent and also a hunk of change to be one of the producers. Sometimes the producers are just in name only to provide the "star" with a way to make additional income.
    IMO he wanted his DL to be "taken away". I would think driving is painful for him and this was a good excuse not to have to drive.

  6. #186
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;2838988;
    I don't. He had a prior DUI arrest and was driving a vehicle he was not equipped to handle. If he had nothing to hide, he should have taken the test. I find him pompous. How ironic that he thought his son having an earring was an embarassment to the family. I agree that's much worse than dragging your family through a public trial for DUI.
    My first thought is that Matt has gone through a lifetime of pain, literally. And I can see that it might just be too much to handle from time to time, and that he might turn to drinking on occassion.

    Still, driving while under the influence is tantamount to attempted murder in my book. If someone in my family died because of a drunk driver, I would flip out. No question. If people want to self-destruct they should not do it at the expense of others (esp. not the lives of others).

    I guess I'm reserving judgement on Matt's guilt or innocense since I don't have all the facts, but if this has happened in the past, then it's not looking good for him.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-17-2008 at 08:16 PM.

  7. #187
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2848576;
    IMO he wanted his DL to be "taken away". I would think driving is painful for him and this was a good excuse not to have to drive.
    It's not in Matt's character to wish that his license be taken away. He is a very controlling person and I doubt if he'd like to be dependent on someone else to drive him around. If I felt I was wrongly being questioned for suspicion of DUI, I'd insist on taking the test to prove them wrong!
    CYA

  8. #188
    Yankee Fan sweet_lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Just watched the episode of Zach finally having a girl coming to the house and him having to clean up...They need to hire a damn maid...There house is so freakin flithy...I'd be embarassed to have cameras in my house when it looks like that.

  9. #189
    FORT Fogey princess07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,566

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;2849795;
    Just watched the episode of Zach finally having a girl coming to the house and him having to clean up...They need to hire a damn maid...There house is so freakin flithy...I'd be embarassed to have cameras in my house when it looks like that.
    No joke. If my house looked like that, I had to hire a maid to clean up before the real maid shows up. I know Matt can't stand the way his house looks. Amy & the kids could care less. It's like she's living vicariously through her children's lives. Grow up lady and clean your house.

    I still love this show.

  10. #190
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Little People, Big World

    Quote Originally Posted by princess07;2850149;
    No joke. If my house looked like that, I had to hire a maid to clean up before the real maid shows up. I know Matt can't stand the way his house looks. Amy & the kids could care less. It's like she's living vicariously through her children's lives. Grow up lady and clean your house.

    I still love this show.
    Wait a minute! Why does the lady have to grow up and do the cleaning? Make the kids take responsibility for their own messes. My mom and dad always made sure we had regular housekeeping chores. It's called teaching responsibility. In the episodes I've seen, these kids are somewhat spoiled and a bit lazy.
    ~~~~

    I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.