+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

I found it. I was wondering why all your posts were from the last hour when I know youse guys are usually three hours ahead.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fan
    After watching two families on two shows tonight, I am exhausted and depressed. I find myself thinking about children in the "old days" (like me) who got clobbered by a parent for looking the wrong way, or families with 14 children who were model citizens. Because I have worked with children for 35 years, I know there are kids like this who respect no one, but these shows seem to have found the worst of the worst. There are not enough nannies to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yes Muduh, very un-nannyish. :nono

Off-topic: was that Hillary Duff who was co-hosting The View? I know the name but didn't even recognize her. I'm such an old fart.
    Btw, did you guys see Star get testy with Nanny? I can't stand that woman, and when she got an attitude with Nanny, I was hoping Nanny would pull out the naughty mat. Nanny was saying you should never spank a child, and Star interrupted her and snootily said something about things work differently in different families, and in her family, spanking works. This was said with that snippy tongue of hers. Nanny simply sat there looking at her, and you could just see the wheels spinning in her head that she should just back off...you can't argue with a sick mind.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Sorry, muduh! New to this! Didn't mean to steal your pearls!!! ugh!
    I'm DYING as I'm watching Supernanny! I'm West coast, so, I'm totally late, as usual. Makes the last family seem PERFECT! Didn't catch Nanny 911....DANG! I STILL Love Jo Jo the best though! She really does amaze me with how well her techniques work...maybe I'm naive, but, it seems to work. I still LLLOOOVVVEEEEE "unasseptable"....think I could use that?
    Just saw the kid give the mom the finger....OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Nanny was saying you should never spank a child, and Star interrupted her and snootily said something about things work differently in different families, and in her family, spanking works.
    My little ears perked right up when she said that, and all I could think was, "You're making Jo's case for her Star, because there's not a person on earth who would want their child to turn out like you."
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I love this show but I am the only one that notices that every week there is a different name for the naughty whatever. It cracks me up that they come up with so many different names, naughty mat, naughty chair, naughty zone, naughty room, naughty stair, naughty corner ect.... What is the point with that. she is going to run out of different names to call it soon and then what??

Quote Originally Posted by bcarson
    I love this show but I am the only one that notices that every week there is a different name for the naughty whatever. It cracks me up that they come up with so many different names, naughty mat, naughty chair, naughty zone, naughty room, naughty stair, naughty corner ect.... What is the point with that. she is going to run out of different names to call it soon and then what??
    Yup, the preview commercial even acknowleged that by saying, "This week she is bringing out a new technique" (the treasure hunt). They know that so far she has basically only had one technique! Nanny 911 is better, but I have to admit that FOX finds such horrible families I haven't watched this week's episode yet. My nerves weren't up to it. I did notice that last week on Nanny 911 they had a child spitting, so once again they beat SuperNanny to the punch!

I think that the Naughty _______ (fill in differently every episode) is because each home is set up differently. They need to find a place that is boring enough to be punishment. It has to be somewhere the parent can keep an eye on it. I remember Jo pointing out in one episode that sending a kid to their room doesn't work because they have lots of entertainment in there, and you don't want to associate their room with punishment anyway. And just think of this: the naughty kid in sitting in the place where his/her siblings can see him/her. More embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Btw, did you guys see Star get testy with Nanny? I can't stand that woman, and when she got an attitude with Nanny, I was hoping Nanny would pull out the naughty mat. Nanny was saying you should never spank a child, and Star interrupted her and snootily said something about things work differently in different families, and in her family, spanking works. This was said with that snippy tongue of hers. Nanny simply sat there looking at her, and you could just see the wheels spinning in her head that she should just back off...you can't argue with a sick mind.
    I didn't get to see the show! DANG! I have real issues with spanking and I know that Jo does as well (I'm a HUGE fan, I have her book...read up on her a bit), but Jo is also much classier than Star apparently! I REALLY wish I could've seen that!!!! Can't Star just go away???? How did she get on the View anyway?

Just my two cents . . .

I was glad to FINALLY see a British family on this week's show!

I was beginning to believe there were absolutely NO hellions in families across the pond!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread