+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Re: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3745569;
    I am a huge fan of the word, "No!"...we are not friends.
    let the hammer hit the nail on the head. One of the things I remember my mom saying I love you but I am your Mother not your friend.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

A couple weeks ago I looked at the "official" Nanny discussion board. There was a woman who started her post by calling Nanny the "B" word because Nanny had chided the mom for not cooking proper meals. The poster said she didn't cook for her three boys because at the end of the day she was exhausted from breaking up all the fights, the hitting, the biting and the screaming. She then proceeded to say she was "as awesome mom"!

Some parents just don't have a CLUE!

FORT Fogey

I must say while I love Jo Frost - I do NOT like this super Manny guy. I watched one last year, and this week's is just as bad!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm always amazed at how people don't seem to put their babies on schedules, early on in their lives, and how the older children don't seem to be involved in at least ONE outside activity.

One of the best parts of my day was giving our son his nightly bath, and relaxing him. He enjoyed it; I enjoyed it.....and he always smelled soooo good at bedtime!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I just started watching tonights Supernanny...and OMG...I'm cringing! I can't believe how hard these parents hit their kids. Its horrible!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3819617;
    I just started watching tonights Supernanny...and OMG...I'm cringing! I can't believe how hard these parents hit their kids. Its horrible!
    I watched as well. DISTURBING. I will say I am soooooooo glad they were able to turn around their horrific parenting to postive parenting. YIKES! All that smacking with wooden spoons and forks and not thinking for one minute that that was WRONG. YIKES! She (the Mom) said they were told by their church parenting group to use the paddles.....?.....?

I was glad that the Mom and Naomi were able to bond. Loved Jo's idea about the Mommy and Naomi book!!!

I know exactly where they live. I live in the OC and my DS lives in Pacific Beach, San Diego.....they were at Ocean Beach, lovely beach, lovely area.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3812974;
    I must say while I love Jo Frost - I do NOT like this super Manny guy. I watched one last year, and this week's is just as bad!
    I watched 5 minutes and turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3816922;
    I'm always amazed at how people don't seem to put their babies on schedules, early on in their lives, and how the older children don't seem to be involved in at least ONE outside activity.
    My Mother always says the same thing. Start from the minute they are born and when you get older, get out of the house and go play. (Of course it was different then, but play is play right?)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3819632;
    I watched as well. DISTURBING. I will say I am soooooooo glad they were able to turn around their horrific parenting to postive parenting. YIKES! All that smacking with wooden spoons and forks and not thinking for one minute that that was WRONG. YIKES! She (the Mom) said they were told by their church parenting group to use the paddles.....?.....?

I was glad that the Mom and Naomi were able to bond. Loved Jo's idea about the Mommy and Naomi book!!!

I know exactly where they live. I live in the OC and my DS lives in Pacific Beach, San Diego.....they were at Ocean Beach, lovely beach, lovely area.
    I didn't get in on the beginning, but saw a few minutes when they started putting the children to bed and I heard Dad say something about spoons, enough, I turned it off.

You know, if hitting worked, you'd only have to do it once or twice. You wouldn't have to keep resorting to it because it was sooo effective! Common sense, people!

And the mother kept saying, "Trust and believe," after she banged her children. Sounds like a church phrase, to me! Scary!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3819640;
    I didn't get in on the beginning, but saw a few minutes when they started putting the children to bed and I heard Dad say something about spoons, enough, I turned it off.
    I was debating whether to turn it off because of this paddling that they were doing to the children BUT I knew Jo would turn it around. I knew Jo would set the parents straight on how paddling is so wrong and absolutely NOT the way to parent. Jo asked them why in the world they were paddling the children as it clearly was not working BECAUSE the Mom & Dad would paddle them and then immediately hug them and tell them they love them.........it was very disturbing and totally confusing to these children. The parents told them THEIR church parenting group told them to use paddles. WHATTTTTTTTT!
    CHANGE CHURCHES, IMMEDIATELY!!!

JO, as usual came through. The parents as well listened to absolutely everything Jo told and asked them to do. After allot of hard work, in the end, a very happy family.
    KAREN

This is why some churches scare me. Some people just follow, blindly, along in the church's footsteps instead of using their own discretion. Of course, maybe it is their discretion to follow along. I've seen some pretty heinous crimes committed against children under a church's directions.

I've always liked it when Dr. Phil has told people, "I'm not asking you to substitute my judgment for your own."

+ Reply to Thread