+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Supernanny Discussion Thread

It seems like Super Nanny is really touching on some deeper subjects this season.

I was mortified by this father. I couldn't believe it when he smacked the little girl in the face in the bedroom.....and the other times too. The oldest daughter dressed very nicely, imo.....and he said she looked like a whore!??! What an awful father. I pray that he has learned but I am doubtful.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I was only flipping through this show but caught the smacking scene I don't know if Super Nanny should be taking on these issues. On one hand, maybe by bringing them to light it can encourage others to get help. However, some of these problems are not going to be fixed by a one hour TV show. I preferred the show when it was mostly behaviour modification to get a bunch of bratty kids to behave, and teaching parents how to parent.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think we need to realize that this kind of behavior is out there, in our neighborhoods, churches, etc. , so I think it's valuable that they show this. Really, really ugly things live and thrive in the dark. In fact, they count on thriving in the dark.

I just can't understand the mother staying there and subjecting her children to him. Maybe her first move was exposing his behavior through Supernanny. Now, she needs support.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3321683;
    I think we need to realize that this kind of behavior is out there, in our neighborhoods, churches, etc. , so I think it's valuable that they show this. Really, really ugly things live and thrive in the dark. In fact, they count on thriving in the dark.

I just can't understand the mother staying there and subjecting her children to him. Maybe her first move was exposing his behavior through Supernanny. Now, she needs support.
    It happens a lot more than anyone knows. this is my experience this week
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

We have a new principal who has mandated that when we send out progress reports, if a child has a D or F we must call home.

So, I have this student who has had a bad couple of weeks and has a D

so, I yesterday I called home...

last night his muther trucker of a step dad beat him so severely, he is in the hospital

the other two children were removed from school by authorities today.

I also had one of the other students as well.

She was terrified all day

HOW can people do that to kids and how can that POS mom stand by and watch someone do that to her own flesh and blood???

Oh my goodness, Tapper. I am so sorry. That has got to be such a heartbreaking thing for you. Because this type of situation is so much more prevalent than people know, I am glad SuperNanny took on this family. If nothing else, at least this family will be followed up on and watched. And hopefully, other moms that see themselves in a situation like this can take a deep look and make some changes.

I was curious why Jo did not mention any kind of counseling for mom. Something has to be off in her for her to allow herself and her children to be treated like that. And to continue to take him back time after time.

I need to see this one, but it appears that I will be shocked.

FORT Newbie

I taped the show and was able to rewind, pause, etc. The father slapping the little girls’ face was so strong, that her head was completely forced back from the hit, and followed by being knocked off her feet to fall on the ground. All for trying to wake ‘dad’ up. As she was leaving the bedroom, she had her left hand on her face, crying deep in pain. If you recall at the end of the show, as Jo was saying her goodbyes, the camera showed the little girl. And the left side of her face, it is extremely visible: a mark under her left eye, and what appears to be 2 small pressure/bruise spots. The father hit her STRONG, extending her head backwards, knocking her to the floor, with his LEFT hand (read:ring).

Also, when they showed the clip before the one above, you can see how the little girl was doing nothing wrong but walking into the room. He then slaps her across the face, and you can see her body jilt from the blow. This is a little girl no more than 4 years old!

Lastly, the way he spoke calling your daughters (even 2 and 3 years olds) the things he did is plain out disturbing.

I really encourage you to rewatch the episode. **And I hope that DCF intervenes. Supernanny should have taken action, instead of downplaying the seriousness of this ‘fathers’ abusive behavior.

I would think that the show would have a "duty to report" if they caught physical abuse on tape.
    I would like to see follow-up info on this episode.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3330783;
    I would think that the show would have a "duty to report" if they caught physical abuse on tape.
    I would like to see follow-up info on this episode.
    I've been searching the net for a few days to see if there is any news about this family. So far I haven't found anything except sites like this one and tv listings. FORT has several intrepid searchers and hopefully they'll read this and go hunting!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I don't know if anyone is watching tonight, but I've never seen such a hideous example of parenting in my whole life. These parents should be civilly charged with child neglect for the way that they've brought these children along.

This is a group of people whom, I'm sure, no one wants to be around. This is not the children's fault.

+ Reply to Thread