+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Re: Supernanny Discussion Thread

I want to adopt the oldest boy. He seems like such a great kid. He just needs to be allowed to be a teenager for crying out loud. Mom made my blood pressure go up - and sadly, I don't think she will change. The only child I noticed her interact with was the 8 month old infant, she was carrying or holding him quite a bit. I think she is obsessed with the baby phase and loses interest when they grow out of it. I wanted to see Jo go off on her a bit more strongly.

And if Dad doesn't want any more children, he needs to get a vasectomy. He could just tell his wife he is on another road trip and take care of it, hole up in a hotel room for a couple of days to heal. She obviously isn't taking his feelings (or the feelings of the 10 children she already has) into consideration as she just wants more kids to get to the magic number 12. It's snip time, IMO.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Totally. That was my thought too. He needs to take matters into his own hands. I couldn't believe how angry she got with him for "ruining her dream."
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Jo is dealing with a family with an extremely abusive father. He calls his daughters "b----es", calls his eldest step daughter a slut. The mother is completely impotent to deal with him. He breaks out the belt to threaten/administer discipline. You know, I can understand feeling the need to spank a child, but I've also come to the opinion that if spanking/beating worked, you wouldn't have to do it over and over again. This is one truly ugly spirited man. He throws darts at pics of the children...they showed him throwing darts at the face of one of his daughters, probably under 5 years old. This mother needs to take her children and leave ASAP. I'm guessing she wasn't treated too much better when she was growing up.

This is a heartbreak.

(Now I see that the dart-throwing was an exercise that Jo made him do to show him the emotional pain that he's inflicting on his girls.)

I can see that this man has had a horrible upbringing. And that is sad.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-13-2009 at 10:25 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He needs a good ol' fashioned butt whupping. He's a punk.

The darts were an exercise that Jo asked him to do. He was reluctant and I think he got the point of the exercise.

This is awful. My 14 year old son was visibly shaken when he saw that man slap that baby. "Why isn't he in jail?" Why, indeed.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I cannot see this family working out, no matter what this show has told us. It is sad, but what do you think is going on after Supernanny cams have left the home. I'd like to see some Dr. Phil camera film footage.

If I was this mother, I would remove my children from this environment.

I am sorry for him (the dad). I am offended by the mother.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3321234;
    This is awful. My 14 year old son was visibly shaken when he saw that man slap that baby. "Why isn't he in jail?" Why, indeed.
    That was really hard to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show has given this father a chance to voluntarily change his ways without ending up in jail, losing custody, and losing his wife.

It did surprise me that there was no physical abuse shown by him against his wife, but it's hard to believe that didn't happen. And that may be why she wasn't able to stand up to him (fear of retribution).

She also didn't trust him when they were doing those exercises at the gym. I loved how he said he felt when he thought he was going to fall back into her arms and ended up in that pit.

I literally gasped when he smacked the little one on her mouth and she fell to the floor (in the bedroom scene)

The boy in the family seemed to have been lost in the crowd. Didn't see much interaction at all.

And did Jo ever address the father getting involved in cleaning up around the house, doing more of the housework? I noticed that when she did the wake-up call that the father left the house and the mom still had to get all the kids up and out of the house. All he had to do was get himself dressed.

I just couldn't watch this episode. That man belongs in jail and the mom should have her head examined. If I was the eldest child's teacher, I'd be calling Child Protective Services right now.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread