+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Re: Supernanny Discussion Thread

I watched it and could not believe that daughter saying they lived in a dump. I'll take that "dump" anytime. I could not believe her attitude when she was at the Habitat House, and then everyone applauded? yikes. The little boy was a terror, if that were my son and he was flipping anyone off, believe me that finger would be sore, along with his bottom. Parents were spineless.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

and the 7-year-old boy still needed mommy to go into the bathroom to wipe his butt???

I was on the phone at the very beginning of the show so I missed what the mom and dad did for a living. They worked opposite shifts so that they did not have to deal with childcare. But what exactly did the parents do for a living?

Mom works for a Specialty Grocery store. It looks like Trader Joes's to me and Dad was a Bartender.

FORT Regular

I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I love Super Nanny and what she gives to/gets out of these families, but hate the first part of the show listening to all the screaming and nasty kids they start out with. lol Still I'm always amazed at the transformation.

They were here in Omaha today doing interviews to look for a family to help out. The kids they showed on the news tonight who are supposedly candidates, didn't seem all that bad----certainly none like the last few weeks' episodes. But I might be surprised.

I go back and forth between liking Supernanny or Nanny 911 more. I can't decide which is better. I think the majority of the time it's Supernanny, but sometimes not so much.

I just can't get over the children that are on these shows. I'd be appalled if they were mine.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2771933;
    I go back and forth between liking Supernanny or Nanny 911 more. I can't decide which is better. I think the majority of the time it's Supernanny, but sometimes not so much.

I just can't get over the children that are on these shows. I'd be appalled if they were mine.
    I'd probably be in jail if they were mine

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With this last group of boys, I can see why Mom stuck Dad with his hellions.

What amazes me is that some parents don't seem to get that you have to do more than just bring these children into the world. I honestly think that the battle to civilize these little people starts from the moment you bring them home from the hospital....or, at least, shortly thereafter. I think God made them cute/adorable for a reason....usually, by the time you're ready to leave them by the side of the road, they've grown on you so much that you just can't do it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Could not have said it better myself! So very true!

Did anyone see this last week's episode with Wendy Wilson? It was a refreshing change from the normal chaos that we see. She and her husband Dan appear to have a totally normal and loving family - just needed some routine to make life a bit easier. I cannot imaging juggling a 4 yr old, a 3 yr old, and 6 week old twins! They really worked as a team and I loved it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always been surprised that the parents of these wild children (haven't seen the last one yet, but will today) never have these children involved in any activities outside of the house. I don't mean to overschedule them to the point of ridiculous, but why are they not involved in something that allows them to interact with other children, and to learn to "play nice with others"? These kids never have any friends or do much else except stay indoors and act complete fools. I'd think they'd be dying to get their kids out of the house for a while...to wear them out! You have got to socialize these little animals! I think I read somewhere that it costs $1200/week to have Jo come to your home (but that's probably NOT if they use your show on TV)...so it's probably not a matter of money. I always think about the little league sports, soccer, karate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread