+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

I agree with several of the comments in the above posts. Nice, well intentioned mom who really worked with nanny stuck with a dork of a husband. I couldn't believe he was actually laughing during the conversation with nanny. I have a feeling he thinks all he needs to do is provide a nice big Cadillac Escalade, a big house in Ventura county and he's don'e his part. Other than the 3 year old, the rest of the kids seemed pretty good overall. At least there were no pigeons...

Pigeons...oy, that was a bizarre household to be sure.

Yeah, I'm not sure what part about the little boy running into the street all the time was funny. That dad should be thanking his lucky stars their little boy was still around. Obviously nothing horrible has ever happend to this man, and he thinks his invincibility luck will include all his loved ones.

Harvest, I'm always curious where these families live, too. Applesauce mentions Ventura...I came in a little late to the show and missed the beginning. Ventura is in Southern California. That is most likely a pretty expensive home.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    Ventura is far outside Los Angeles County. It's a new suburb that they built in the boondocks. So it probably isn't as expensive as something closer to L.A.

Ventura would still be too expensive for us -- but not nearly as expensive as La Jolla! I'm going to have to find the Nanny 911 discussion and ask how the Cubbisons could afford that since neither of them appeared to have a job!

As for this family, I have finished watching the episode, and I think the guy was fat and lazy (I won't mention bald because he can't help that). How does he get the beautiful house and the beautiful wife (to paraphrase that old Talking Heads song)? I have never lived anywhere but America, so I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but how is it that American men can still get away with that crap? (Thinking of the other show where the dad literally said he did it because he could get away with it!)

Ventura County is directly above Los Angeles County and it is VERY expensive! Can you say 1.5 million for a 4,000 sq. foot home? Yah! But the weather's perfect. The home and wife and kids were very beautiful...not as raunchy as some of the past episodes? I could actually relate to the issues rather than stare in complete awe and disgust. The kids weren't completely disrespectful and violent like most on these shows....the 3 year old was a bit of a handfull....I think the solo ventures to the mall were because the Mom needed the help with keeping the little boy under some control? Good show, I think they're all getting better. I CANNOT begin to understand Nanny 911..it's like the Jerry Springer version and Supernanny is Dr. Phil!

BTW, Didn't they say Daddy's an Investment Banker? Must be Nice.....

FYI, the median price of homes in Ventura County is $521,000, in case anyone else is as nosy as me.
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,1614202.story
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mama4
    BTW, Didn't they say Daddy's an Investment Banker? Must be Nice.....
    Yeah, they said he was something like that--stock trader or investment banker and kept hours that for California would match up to when the NYC market is open. So, I'm sure he's pulling in a pretty nice salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    How does he get the beautiful house and the beautiful wife (to paraphrase that old Talking Heads song)?
    Well to paraphrase an O'Jay's song: "Money, money, money, money ....... MONEY".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Qboots,

I guess I was saying there's not enough money in the world to make me marry someone like that. Guess that's why I'm not rich!

P.S. I only know 2 families who live in Ventura Co. and they are crazy.

+ Reply to Thread