+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

Sounds like she needs to get some rest (I don't mean just a nap) and relaxation, stress reduction, etc., get some extra helping hands in there and so forth... sounds like she is just plain worn out. Three preemies... that is not a good sign. Why would she want a problem pregnancy when she'll be the only adult for miles?

Thank you for all the information jellybean and for seeing that I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I will have to look up what Pfeiffer's Syndrome is.

What is the name of the mom's website in case anyone wants to read it? Anyway, thanks again. I do hope things work out for them. Somehow I am worried for their sakes, although that sounds odd. The mom seems on the breaking point.

FORT Newbie
    The name of the site is BabyZone. Her user ID is backyardiganmom.
    Last edited by jellybean33; 03-25-2006 at 08:49 PM.

Thank you for all the info.

I looked up Pfeiffer syndrome. It's very sad. I'm sorry for them. But she (Mackenzie) is actually doing very well, then, considering what she is dealing with and all.

Has the family ever received counseling for all that is on their plate? They have two differently abled daughters, for a start. And not much help. And they're so isolated. How do they blow off steam? (Other than the kiddies beating each other up?)

The red haired girl seemed the most low key and the most eager for change... I felt bad for her, too. A really sad show, actually.

I luv Nanny Jo! I guess I'm the only one watching tonight.

LKH
    I'm watching. I always wonder how people can stand kids when they're like that. I'd file for divorce.

L

Just saw this last one. Well, mostly it seems to me like another household out of balance with a passive-aggressive, ineffectual, detached dad. Leaving it all on the mom which turns her into a shrieking harpy as her kids run amok.

Jo seemed to have real affection for the eldest boy (now I've already forgotten his name!). He seemed to me more perceptive and focused than the parents were. More able to see where things should be.

The mom and dad in that family did not seem to communicate with each other at all. Why won't dad blast himself out of his chair ever? The kids seemed to be starving for some ATTENTION, structure and rules. Hope things stayed better as they seemed at the end but the dad still strangely seems to put it all off on the eldest rather than BEING A DAD to the two youngest ones. It was weird the way the youngest boy giggled when he was in trouble. He seemed to have real problems with empathising with his mother's distress, let alone any conscience about causing it. Maybe they should run the kids by a shrink.

The younger boy seems to have a gift for gymnastics. Why not enroll him and his sister in matial arts and/or gymnastics? Let them expend all that climbing energy someplace productive. That would also get them out of the house and off the adults' backs for a while. I bet that oldest kid will be glad to go to college.

OH -- and the 'cartoon noises' in this one were hilarious. Especially when the two little road runners ran into things. haha :birds twitting:

I think if I'd been the one that little girl was staring down while she threw everything off the shelves onto the floor, though, one of us might be in the hospital right now and one of us might be in jail. Hubby's typical answer when we see these shows and I ask him "What would your parents have done to you if you'd done that?" is "I wouldn't have lived to see 'five'." Take that with a grain of salt, of course!

But I don't know HOW these parents keep hold of their temper with some of these brats, quite frankly.
    Last edited by Brandy; 03-29-2006 at 02:51 AM.

aga
    FORTified
    Was last night's show a rerun?

At what point do they get outside help for a child and/or family? Although I think that Jo's years of experience probably qualify her as a counselor? In fact she may even have mental health training as part of her nanny credentials. I think Jo did an effective job, I just think that family needs some long-term support.
    "We all know that we're going to get beat tonight." - Melrose (ANTM Cycle 7) when Monique gets eliminated from the CoverGirl / Queen Latifah challenge.

"Hi pretty lady...and Tyra." - Heather (ANTM Cycle 9)

Quote Originally Posted by aga View Post
    Was last night's show a rerun?

At what point do they get outside help for a child and/or family? Although I think that Jo's years of experience probably qualify her as a counselor? In fact she may even have mental health training as part of her nanny credentials. I think Jo did an effective job, I just think that family needs some long-term support.
    I watched parts of it too I just couldn't find this thread until now. I was shocked at how nasty that little girl Megan was especially when she started hitting and scracing(sp?) Jo. I am surprised the father didn't stop it. I must say I am surprised that Nanny Jo held on to her temper and didn't smack that little bitch. But I guess that would have made it worse. Amazing that the parents let things get so out of control.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched parts of it too I just couldn't find this thread until now. I was shocked at how nasty that little girl Megan was especially when she started hitting and scracing(sp?) Jo. I am surprised the father didn't stop it. I must say I am surprised that Nanny Jo held on to her temper and didn't smack that little bitch. But I guess that would have made it worse. Amazing that the parents let things get so out of control.
    i was so amazed of how she acted towards jo. Calling her foul names, scratching, hitting. Megan threw at least 3 or so fits a day. If i were in the parents situtaion, id probably be insane. I don't know how they were able to deal with all three girls constantly acting up. But in the end run, they matured and became more pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem View Post
    i was so amazed of how she acted towards jo. Calling her foul names, scratching, hitting. Megan threw at least 3 or so fits a day. If i were in the parents situtaion, id probably be insane. I don't know how they were able to deal with all three girls constantly acting up. But in the end run, they matured and became more pleasant.
    Thank you for spelling scratching, I couldn't think how to spell it correctly to save my live when I was writing my post.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread