+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

I have relatives (by marriage!) who could use this show. Their kids are mostly well behaved by some miracle, but, they also let the kids wear diapers til they are 5 (eww!) and keep their pacifier (Binky) etc. Eat what they want, stay up all hours when they're not even at school yet and sleep where they want. Sofa, whatever.

And one child, (another family) both his moms dote on him and everything he does, good or bad, they rave about it to him and tell him he's wonderful 100 times a day. That may not sound bad except he has very bad behavior with other kids especially, as if they do not exist. They are either raising a bully or a sociopath, his teacher told them he has no empathy. He just takes what he wants. Toys, cake, whatever. He got in front of a lineup at a birthday party and pushed the birthday boy out of the way. He has to always be first. He's 6 so that is old enough to know better.

Any bad behavior at home is laughed off, and he's indulged like you wouldn't believe. Pulled the Christmas tree down? Oh isn't that funny. When kids are like this, 99.9 percent of the time, the parents are to blame. This kid stares right through people like they are not there. You don't want to be around if he doesn't get his way but I guess it's lucky that never really happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    And one child, (another family) both his moms dote on him and everything he does, good or bad, they rave about it to him and tell him he's wonderful 100 times a day. That may not sound bad except he has very bad behavior with other kids especially, as if they do not exist. They are either raising a bully or a sociopath, his teacher told them he has no empathy. He just takes what he wants. Toys, cake, whatever. He got in front of a lineup at a birthday party and pushed the birthday boy out of the way. He has to always be first. He's 6 so that is old enough to know better.
    Do us a favor, will you? Sign his family up for "SuperNanny" or "Nanny 911".
    Pleeeeze?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I love the SuperNanny. At first, I thought all of her suggestions were too ole' fashioned but once I got the "beat that child silly" notion out of my head. I could follow her technique.

It is obvious the children are not the problem...it's the lack of parenting skills. I see many techniques that were used on me...haha.

I notice most families lack consistency, attention, routine, guidance, and interaction.

The episode with the newly divorced mother working and going to school with the 5 children. I felt sooo sorry or her. I hoped that Jo would actually stay a bit longer...because she really needed the extra help.

Do us a favor, will you? Sign his family up for "SuperNanny" or "Nanny 911".
    Pleeeeze?
    Haha, they'd be perfect. Except, this family does not acknowledge their little darling has anything wrong behavior wise, and also, his two mommies have split up. The one who gave birth to him gave custody to the one who adopted him. He's a spooky kid though lemme tell ya....

3/20 Episode- Silva Family

Tonight was a great episode of Supernanny. It featured the Silva Family (Mom Danielle, Dad Tom, and their 7 kids).

Mom was trying to learn how to take care of 7 kids by herself for 18 months while Dad went to war in Iraq.

I couldn't believe that Mom was paying so little attention to the kids that she let the 1 1/2 year old go outside with the one girl, and she left her there. She wouldn't have known she was gone if not for Jo. She was too busy on her fake cleaning spree. The girl could have left the 1 1/2 year old in the road or somewhere else dangerous. Thank God she was safe.

I was shocked when I saw the little five year old kid tell her sister to "Shut The F**k up". I also couldn't believe when the one young girl went up to Jo and told her that her sister said that Jo was bullsh*t. We obviously know where they got it from. I couldn't believe when the mom went to the kids' bedroom (the door was locked), and told them to "Open the MF'ing door", and then was talking on the phone right next to her daughter saying the F word left and right. You would think she would have toned it down when she knew Jo was watching. I think Jo's Trash Talk chart was a great idea. It was funny how Meghan had went ahead and taken all of her mouths down.

I felt bad for Meghan. I could not even imagine how she must have felt knowing her Dad was leaving for Iraq for a year-and-a-half and not knowing if he would return safely. I am so glad Jo took them out of the circle and had them work out their issues. I teared up when Dad came in the room and gave Meghan his Grandfather's watch to hold on to while he was away. I am glad they worked out their issues before he went away to war.

This was one of my favorite Supernanny episodes I have seen, and I pray for Dad Tom's safe return from Iraq, along with all other soldiers' safe returns.

WOW, strange episode. The mom seemed to actively skeeve at the idea of watching her kids play outside, let alone play WITH them. I don't have high hopes for that household running smoothly while he's gone, I hate to say. She seems like she might be taking her resentment out on the kids by just passive aggressively ignoring them. Seems like he's not helping as much as she'd like and now he's about to leave entirely for over a year.

I felt bad for the teen - her dad seemed to ignore her. There seemed like there was a lot going on under the surface here that wasn't being explored. A lot of ignoring and avoiding and passive aggressive behavior going on!

I couldn't believe the two year old driving the one year old all around the yard with no adult in sight!

My own personal opinion....... she needs to get some therapy to deal with her own depression and then she won't have as many problems dealing with the little ones. They aren't devil children. She just makes me feel like she is disinterested in them. I pray they are all well and he returns to them to help out more.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Jeez, the language in that household was just atrocious. At the end, the mom seemed to be thankful to Jo for showing her the effect her behaviour was having on the kids. She didn't seem to resist any of Jo's ideas, like so many parents do, so hopefully the family will be OK. I know the military is necessary, but if a guy has 7 kids you'd think they could station him in the U.S. instead of overseas.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

That mother needs to go into therapy; she was obviously suffering from depression and possibly a few other things as well. At best, she seemed disinterested in her children. At worst, she almost seemed to hate them. When they locked her out and she was screaming at them I was genuinely concerned for their safety. And even if she never hit them she is still causing emotional scars with her verbal bashing.

Did she remind anyone else of that mother in Texas who drowned her seven kids in the bathtub? That woman suffered from severe depression and her husband wasn't home a lot, either. I just pray that this story has a better outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    My own personal opinion....... she needs to get some therapy to deal with her own depression and then she won't have as many problems dealing with the little ones. They aren't devil children. She just makes me feel like she is disinterested in them. I pray they are all well and he returns to them to help out more.
    I do think that she has some depression issues, I also think that she is scared out of her mind about being left alone with the kids. If you noticed, she is only 28 years old. That's alot to deal with at her age on her own. Too bad there wasn't any family around to help her out. I wonder if they were trying for a boy since she had 3 children in 2 years. Good thing they got one or she may have had more!!
    Did anyone notice how she seemed to have Riley (the 2 yr old) near her most of the time and it was the name she said the most and also the child that did the most and got away with it. I think Mom has a favorite. I hope she can really stick to the schedule and keep things insync, that family needs it. She needs to really get the kids involved with the house and make it fun and learn to play more! Hope they do alright and Dad is home safe and sound earlier than expected!

+ Reply to Thread