+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Supernanny Discussion Thread

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    What a disturbing episode. That little girl WAS possessed.

One week of Supernanny fairy dust won't do the job. The girl needs serious psychiatric help. Quickly.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

As I watched this episode I kept thinking either of the movies The Bad Seed, or The Exorcist. I have a funny feeling that the family went right back to square one after all the filming was done. I hope they get help for this child.

The mom in the episode has posted on other boards (UK boards) saying how wonderful a child Megan is, how this was all "editing" and how bright, creative and compassionate she is, with loads of friends. How all the other moms she knows, agreed with this assessment as well (are they afraid to say otherwise? Lol).

Not one whit of insight in anything she's written on those boards... just how perfect and lovely little Megan is and how misunderstood. Oh and the fact that the show is only 50 minutes long and can't show all the footage of how sweet Megan was at other times.

Unbelievable, eh?

As I watched this episode I kept thinking either of the movies The Bad Seed
    Exactly! I immediately thought of the original version with Patty McCormack. Quite a disturbing movie.
    Rozzie

Supernanny- 3/13 episode

Did anybody watch last night's episode of Supernanny? It featured the Schwartz family. Mom Cathy and Dad Steve had 4 young girls and both worked full time jobs.

During the day while both were at work, Cathy's sister Donna would come over and take care of the kids. Donna would never discipline the kids and she just gave them everything they wanted. The kids even called her mom sometimes!

The one 3 1/2 year old girl wasn't potty trained! Supernanny helped to get her potty trained. I think it was way past time.

Donna did not want Supernanny to come in, so they butted heads right away. She said none of the discipline tricks would work and also rolled her eyes at Supernanny's routine.

Near the end, Donna felt bad about not trying anything Jo suggested, so she finally put the one of the girls on the naughty stair and warmed up to Jo and her techniques.

The girls were much better by the end of the episode and the 3 1/2 year old was fully potty trained.

Did anybody else watch? What were your thoughts on this episode?

I watched it and thought it was great! I liked the fact that the adults began to realize that the kids were what was important, not their own views on parenting, right or wrong. It was good.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Every time Aunt Donna was on camera, I wanted to grab a pair of scissors and cut her hair, style it, or at least put it in a pony tail!

I think the husband works long hours (longer than the wife), think he is with the NYPD, and wasn't too involved in the parenting. He cared about his girls, obviously, but I think he let the "women" take charge. And he was helpless in dealing with the power plays between his wife and her sister.

I am not sure how much older Donna is from her sister. The mom (can't remember her name at the moment) was 13 when her own mom died and Donna took over caring for her. I think that maybe Donna is a single older woman and was tossed into the mom role when her own mom died. She raised her sister, watched as her sister grew up, married and had a family, and now she is back in the role of mothering the 4 girls. Maybe there was some resentment that she missed out on a lot by being a mom to the younger sister.

I also think the younger sister felt she needed her older sister's guidance, like she was unsure how to do things on her own. Seeing how chaotic it was in the morning trying to get everyone up and out of the house, one could tell she didn't have any control or organization. The first thing I would have done is made sure that clothes were laid out the night before and all lunches were made the night before.

I couldn't believe how the one girl kicked her dad in the family jewels hard enough for him to collapse in pain onto the floor! Yikes!

I like the whole naughty spot, mat, chair, etc idea, but when I saw Jo come in with purple bean bags I thought.....ummmm, they look like they would be more for fun than punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I couldn't believe how the one girl kicked her dad in the family jewels hard enough for him to collapse in pain onto the floor! Yikes!
    She kicked him so hard he dropped her! Not good little one, not good.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that watched it. I was thinking when I came on last night, am I the only person on the board who watches Supernanny?

I wasn't crazy about Aunt Donna at first, but I warmed up to her by the end of the episode when she really started putting forth some effort.

This is a show I really look forward to watching every week. I love Jo and probably wouldn't watch the show if she was not on it. She makes the show. That's why I don't watch Nanny 911 very much because they aren't as good as Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I like the whole naughty spot, mat, chair, etc idea, but when I saw Jo come in with purple bean bags I thought.....ummmm, they look like they would be more for fun than punishment.
    I thought the same thing. I bet my nieces would misbehave on purpose just to get to sit on one.

These folks didn't seem nearly as wacko as most of the people who show up on these types of shows. Which led to me being almost bored. The only notable event was the dad getting kicked in the groin. Bring back the wackos!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread