+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    I disagree. I think he'd sell his girlfriend, but not his dog.
    Bitchy statement coming up, but....

He'd get more for the dog.

See...told you...

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled
    Bitchy statement coming up, but....

He'd get more for the dog.

See...told you...

Well, the dog did probably have a bath more recently than the girlfriend.

The more I think about the dog issue, the angrier I get! The parents were very wrong to hand over that poor dog. I agree that he would sell that dog for beer quicker than we can blink. Did you see how happy that sweet dog was when he saw Kelly? For just a moment, I thought he would change. I would love to give it a real home.
    Reference cutting: I think it's a lot more common than you think. I've seen quite a few blogs from young people on it. It's just that it's not talked about near as much as the more common addictions.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    How true how true. He doesn't love that dog, and what happens when the dog needs medical care? Kelly and Klover will end up drinking the blues and the dog will be left somewhere tied up. The parents were fools and I would slap them both repeatedly for letting the dog go. He may have done the treatment and the agreement was treatment/dog, but hey he lies too. this whole show was screwed up. punk ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    The more I think about the dog issue, the angrier I get! The parents were very wrong to hand over that poor dog. I agree that he would sell that dog for beer quicker than we can blink. Did you see how happy that sweet dog was when he saw Kelly? For just a moment, I thought he would change. I would love to give it a real home.
    Reference cutting: I think it's a lot more common than you think. I've seen quite a few blogs from young people on it. It's just that it's not talked about near as much as the more common addictions.
    I just watched a tape of this episode again and I got so damn mad about the poor dog again. Forgive me but I had tore post and quote another because I am flipping here. I want to choke that punk.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I suppose so. It just gave me a bad feeling hearing everyone--even Oprah Winfrey--telling Tamara (the cutter) that "I just can't understand why you'd hurt yourself". Yet ALL the people featured on this show are hurting themselves, physically and emotionally. And I can't say it's going to help her recovery to have everyone implying that she's weird even as an addict.
    I am so with you on this one. I hope that Tamera has a good support system of people that not only love her but understand her so help her through when people make comments like this. Feeling like a weird-o isnít gonna help her rebuild her life.

Even though I've been a cutter since I was 14 (23 now) I never heard of it either until I was about 17, then I saw a made-for-cable movie about it. Turns out my older sister is one also but I didn't know about that until last summer--we grew up in the same house doing it and neither of us knew, which pretty much proves you're right about the privacy thing. Right now I'm trying to quit on my own. Went almost a year and then had a bender seven weeks ago. My husband knows about the problem, too, but no one else, so I have to hide my legs at the moment.
    I started cutting when I was 19 (20 years ago) and I did other physically painful things to my body from the time I was about 9. In elementary school I pulled out strands of my hair and wrapped them around my fingers at the knuckle until my fingers turned blue and I peeled the skin off. I punched things until my hands hurt. I bit my fingernails and bit off the skin around my fingernails. I burned myself sometimes. Etc.

When I started cutting I was trying to quit drinking, smoking and using and I had 10 months sober. I had never heard of cutting before and I really scared myself. I didnít tell anyone that I was cutting. I just ended my sobriety.

Even though I've been a cutter since I was 14 (23 now) I never heard of it either until I was about 17, then I saw a made-for-cable movie about it. Turns out my older sister is one also but I didn't know about that until last summer--we grew up in the same house doing it and neither of us knew, which pretty much proves you're right about the privacy thing. Right now I'm trying to quit on my own.
    Maybe if your sister is ready to quit you could do it together.

Tamara's parents PISSED ME OFF when they were talking about how it was wrong for her to "scar up God's temple" or whatever the hell they were saying. Do they honestly think that kind of thing will help her--trying to make her feel guilty about doing it when she's already feeling guilty enough?
    Tameraís parents made me sad. They care about her and they donít know how to help her. Anyone with a dependency knows that Tamera already feels guilty. Iím just glad they got her some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    Maybe if your sister is ready to quit you could do it together.
    She lives in Montana (she goes to school there) and I live in Georgia, so we don't see each other a lot. Plus, after the initial admission, neither of us have really talked about it. Not sure why...just seems awkward.

About Tamara's parents: I get where you're coming from. I'm sure they do love her or they wouldn't have arranged the intervention. It just really upsets me when religious people act like EVERYTHING on earth can be cure by a good dose of the Bible....my mother was that way and really all it did was make me hide things from her more. For a child who has been molested and has feelings of guilt and self-hatred from the incident, the suggestion that cutting is a sin is really counter-productive. I understand they were coming from a place of love when making it...I just believe that they should have thought twice before making it.

FORT Newbie

more shows ?

Greetings!

Great comments... I, too, am 'addicted' to the show and can't wait for more episodes.
    Which bodes my question:
    Has anyone heard or read anything about new episodes or a new season? Has the show been 'picked up' for a second season?

thanks

Eden

+ Reply to Thread