+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily
    The drunk guy (have already forgotten his name): I am glad that he loves his dog, but what kind of a home can he give the dog; he is homeless! I am amazed he stayed in treatment as long as he did, but that must have been what they made him do to get the dog back. Funny, when he left the treatment center, he still looked crazy and drunk just like before, even before taking a drink. His girlfriend was horrible - her hair?!? Ohmigosh - I just can't imagine. No bathing - just awful. Where do they get their beer money?! They were begging for it at one point so maybe that's always how they did it. I just can't imagine a smart kid like that becoming a bum. He won't live long, and what will happen to that poor dog. Very, very sad....
    Yeah, I had a lot of concern for the dog, as well. An at the beginning, did you notice the cat in the backpack of the girlfriend? I feel so bad for those animals. At least a human can communicate and sort of look out for themselves. The parents were totally wrong to give that dog to him. I also wondered why they had the dog boarded? That's one messed up family.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    That can't be his cell phone. I assumed it belonged to the producers of the show. I mean, the guy was selling a chair he found in the dump to get some beer. I would imagine, if he owned a cell phone, he'd sell that as well. Who knows? With the families on this show, I don't know that anything would really shock me anymore. I think Kelly's story is a great example of how NOT to treat to learning disabled students. Thankfullly they mainstream kids much better today. (They do, don't they? I hope.)

Not sure what to think of Mark. Angry. Mean. Unpleasant. Sad wife. It's horrible that when she needed him most, he wasn't around. And now, I can only imagine how bad her health is, and he still won't talk to her. He should be ashamed.

I hadn't considered that before, about the cell phone, I mean. How did I ever get along without my fort-friends to help me realize there are different perspectives than my own.

I wonder if he ever sold that chair. I agree with your opinion re mainstreaming kids. My kids have been out of school long enough now - I'm not up on that subject so much now - but I sure hope it has been addressed.

Oh, I felt so sad for Mark's wife when she tried to walk away and was so weak she had to stop and hold onto the doorway to stand up. How could he be so heartless to be able to see that and still not care? I agree with you - he should definitely be ashamed.

I don't think Mark was/is heartless for not keeping contact with his wife. Actually, I think its because he had a heart, he didn't want to see her. She hurt him by leaving him, and he is obviously a stubborn man, etc. He said something like "she chose to leave me so why should I see her?", something along those lines, and I can understand why he'd feel that way. I'm not saying what he is doing is what he should be doing, but I understand why he's doing it.

And I really liked Kelly. I thought he was clever and charming, although a drunk obviously. When his mom and the others found Klover and tried talking to her about Kelly, Klover seemed semi-open to the idea of supporting Kelly's family in getting him help. But I bet after the producer handed the phone over to Klover, Kelly told Klover what happened with the dog, etc. because she was PISSED off at Kelly's parents, etc. after that conversation with him. It's too bad that Kelly went back to drinking and is still living on the streets but hopefully he is happy and stays safe.

FORT Fogey
    Kelly. He loves the dog. He loves the dog. Give me a break. I bet if anyone walked up to him on the street and offered him a 12-pack of beer for the dog the transaction would be done in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    Kelly. He loves the dog. He loves the dog. Give me a break. I bet if anyone walked up to him on the street and offered him a 12-pack of beer for the dog the transaction would be done in a heartbeat.
    I've got to agree with you on that one. Kelly probably does love his dog, but the addict in him has taken over so completely there is no way he's going to care for that dog in a healthy way. He'd trade it for beer in a second. And as for using his cash to buy dog food or beer...which do you think he'd choose?

On another topic: Just out of curiosity, how come most people on here find it easier to identify with an alcoholic or compulsive gambler than with somone who cuts themself?

How true how true. He doesn't love that dog, and what happens when the dog needs medical care? Kelly and Klover will end up drinking the blues and the dog will be left somewhere tied up. The parents were fools and I would slap them both repeatedly for letting the dog go. He may have done the treatment and the agreement was treatment/dog, but hey he lies too. this whole show was screwed up. punk ass.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hello all!

My question is about Kellys situation: Why didn't they put Klover in treatment as well? She seemed like an alcoholic to me.

I wish Kelly had fully recovered. He had achieved a lot as a child with a disability, skateboarding, acting etc.... so what changed with this guy as he got older? Self-esteem? Love? Acceptance?

I disagree. I think he'd sell his girlfriend, but not his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled
    Just of curiosity, how come most people on here find it easier to identify with an alcoholic or compulsive gambler than with somone who cuts themself?
    I think it's because people are way more private about cutting. It isn't talked about much so it really confusing for the person doing it and it is still very shameful. People drink and use drugs in life and on TV all the time. You just don't see many people cutting. I had never heard of it before I became involved. I think that people don't want to admit to doing it because they are afraid that people will think that they are crazy and will withdraw from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    I think it's because people are way more private about cutting. It isn't talked about much so it really confusing for the person doing it and it is still very shameful. People drink and use drugs in life and on TV all the time. You just don't see many people cutting. I had never heard of it before I became involved. I think that people don't want to admit to doing it because they are afraid that people will think that they are crazy and will withdraw from them.
    I suppose so. It just gave me a bad feeling hearing everyone--even Oprah Winfrey--telling Tamara (the cutter) that "I just can't understand why you'd hurt yourself". Yet ALL the people featured on this show are hurting themselves, physically and emotionally. And I can't say it's going to help her recovery to have everyone implying that she's weird even as an addict.

Even though I've been a cutter since I was 14 (23 now) I never heard of it either until I was about 17, then I saw a made-for-cable movie about it. Turns out my older sister is one also but I didn't know about that until last summer--we grew up in the same house doing it and neither of us knew, which pretty much proves you're right about the privacy thing. Right now I'm trying to quit on my own. Went almost a year and then had a bender seven weeks ago. My husband knows about the problem, too, but no one else, so I have to hide my legs at the moment.

Tamara's parents PISSED ME OFF when they were talking about how it was wrong for her to "scar up God's temple" or whatever the hell they were saying. Do they honestly think that kind of thing will help her--trying to make her feel guilty about doing it when she's already feeling guilty enough? I like this show a lot but sometimes it depresses me.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you "involved" in cutting? Do you mean you are one or you are a therapist for people who are or what?

+ Reply to Thread