+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 195960616263646566676869
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Very disappointed to find out Intervention has been cancelled. I too, cannot stand the DD people. I have to change the channel when the advertisements for their show come on. Despicable Duck Dynasty. Now they can be Triple D's not Double!
    Punkin, Maveno and pikachu like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I occasionally run across this show, but thought it was cancelled sometime ago and all the shows were now reruns. Maybe I just lost track.

I think the show had a valuable lesson to teach, but I always got very frustrated with the families of these addicts/alcoholics. Was there anyone ever on the show who could have maintained their lifestyle if they weren't supported and enabled by their family? It's so bizarre to me. That caused me to stop watching some time ago.
    Couldn't agree more. There is a saying about run-aways...something like they wouldn't leave if they didn't have something to run from. My humble opinion is that people who abuse drugs and alcohol are run-aways from life. 9.9 times out of 10, they are running from something in their families/friends.

Another saying: "treat the source". It was very frustrating for me that the families/friends weren't brought into the discussions in more meaningful ways. Maybe they were during treatment or something, but I honestly think the show would have been more helpful if its focus was put more heavily on the families/friends.

ITS BACKKKKKKK!!!!

Starting TONIGHT! TUESDAY DECEMBER 9th! On the LMN Channel! (Lifetime Movie Network)

I have U-verse and I found that channel easy! The show is airing at 9pm!
    KAREN

It's back!!!
    New episode (Season 14) premiered last night & is posted on the A & E website!!
    Punkin, Maveno and momrek06 like this.

Watched it! So happy it's back!

Katie! She looked FABULOUS after rehab BUT then she relapsed.
    Her family wants nothing more to do with her.

I also watched the episode before that! Wow so many have done so well!
    Punkin likes this.
    KAREN

I loved that episode where they revisited a lot of old stories and saw how they were doing today. Also interesting to hear some of the producers talk about the ethics they follow when filming and how they are careful not to interfere unless they see a really dangerous situation.
    momrek06 likes this.
    You can't have everything....where would you put it?

I used to watch this show, but I grew so frustrated when it appeared that the majority of the addicts could only live the way they did because their family supported them and enabled the behavior. It's difficult to see how the family feeds their need to feel better about themselves instead of cutting of the support. I have a family member who is currently in recovery. Until they seek rehab, it really is a horrible experience. Seeing the little children who are involved, is just heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I used to watch this show, but I grew so frustrated when it appeared that the majority of the addicts could only live the way they did because their family supported them and enabled the behavior. It's difficult to see how the family feeds their need to feel better about themselves instead of cutting of the support. I have a family member who is currently in recovery. Until they seek rehab, it really is a horrible experience. Seeing the little children who are involved, is just heartbreaking.
    I can't tell you over the years how many times I've had to tell families handing over the loved wants wanting everyone to fix them that a substantial part of the problem is those family members who won't stop enabling. That all the fixing doesn't matter if they are surrounded by people who won't say no. I think it's a failing of many accessible treatment programs (as in for the normal income person or low income person) that there isn't a more intensive family counseling part of that. But I know billable hours plays heavily into that. I've completely turned my back on numerous people in my life who just couldn't stop using for whatever reason. It's heart wrenching especially when you know what the inevitable end is going to be.
    Punkin, candor and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread