+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1757585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by gadmus126 View Post
    I did fell asleep on the Elena episode did she get sober boy what a mess for a 63 year old woman
    SHE DID and she looked awesome!!! She did not need her cane anymore. She put weight on. She has been sober since DEC 2011. She is living with her 100yo Mom, taking total care of her.

BOTH shows ended up being very positive. Even though Nichole had a relapse she got right back on the wagon and has continued with her sobriety. I will say re: Nichole, that was so low what her sister and her bf did to her. SO LOW.
    KAREN

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Wow, I couldn't believe the change in Elena. She went from looking like a worn out baseball mitt to a pretty lady.

I am doubting Nichole's soberness will last. She has a lot stacked against her.

dang it! my dvr only recodrded one. let me go check the website. i wanted to see the one w the old lady on coke (or some white powder)

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Did anyone watch last night?

There were two NEW epi's.

Nichole from Canada and Elena from California.

it was low, but i am sure there is more to the story than we saw . . . . and low as it was, it's no reason to ruin your life. and the mother was just egging it all on!

SHE DID and she looked awesome!!! She did not need her cane anymore. She put weight on. She has been sober since DEC 2011. She is living with her 100yo Mom, taking total care of her.

BOTH shows ended up being very positive. Even though Nichole had a relapse she got right back on the wagon and has continued with her sobriety. I will say re: Nichole, that was so low what her sister and her bf did to her. SO LOW.

It's rare but occasionally, they feature an addict that inspires nothing but contempt from me. Katie is one of those. It is unkind to say but I'll say it anyway - I didn't blame her mother for drinking. Her husband's family (the aunt & the grandmother) were insufferable. I notice they didn't offer to take "misunderstood, unloved" Katie into their own homes.

It was clear this girl sees herself as a tortured artist and she likes it that way. I think she may have even agreed to rehab just for material - yes, I believe she's that conniving & egotistical enough to perhaps attempt to paint herself as the next Augusten Burroughs. Everything she did was deliberately manipulative - the phony tantrum, the pretended hesitation when she took the camera crew into her mother's closet. I had to fast-forward through some of it because I was so disgusted. Completely unsurprised she "continues to struggle with her sobriety".
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

DID ANYONE WATCH LAST NIGHT 'DIANA'.

We watched the whole show and as she was being reunited with her kids and her mom, my DVR cut off.

I was wondering if Diana was still sober and doing well?

TY
    KAREN

DID ANYONE WATCH LAST NIGHT 'DIANA'.

We watched the whole show and as she was being reunited with her kids and her mom, my DVR cut off.

I was wondering if Diana was still sober and doing well?

TY
    Yes, she is still sober, since Feb 2012. I was really rooting for her.
    momrek06 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I was rooting for her too. It was obvious that her kids loved her so, so much. Her kids broke down and cried several times. I'm glad she has been doing okay so far. Too many Interventions have been ending with relapses.
    momrek06 likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Has anyone been watching the new episodes that have been on? Some real train wrecks. One I had on my DVR was this canadian chick who was fall down drunk 24.7. I dont want to ruin her story but holy hell was it right out of a mexican soap opera.

Tonight was Kelly. A 27 y/o mom hooked on oxy/meth. She was raped when she was 11 and blames all her life problems on that. While im not lessening that, she really is a whiney baby who has no one to blame but herself. I feel like alot of these addicts all go back and find something in their childhood and just blame it on that. I also have no sympathy when young children are involved.

yeah, she was a wreck. her poor kids.

the one that came on after was CRAZY too - the guy hooked on heroin w the drug counselor girlfriend that is now shooting hop and smoking crack w him . . . . i didn't like the camera work/music on that ep either . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Has anyone been watching the new episodes that have been on? Some real train wrecks. One I had on my DVR was this canadian chick who was fall down drunk 24.7. I dont want to ruin her story but holy hell was it right out of a mexican soap opera.

Tonight was Kelly. A 27 y/o mom hooked on oxy/meth. She was raped when she was 11 and blames all her life problems on that. While im not lessening that, she really is a whiney baby who has no one to blame but herself. I feel like alot of these addicts all go back and find something in their childhood and just blame it on that. I also have no sympathy when young children are involved.

+ Reply to Thread