+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

ITA. i was in shock when they said the family hadn't gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4007427;
    Did you see the episode last night? The woman suffered with bulemia and alcoholism. Her parents and siblings signed a promise that they would all attend family counseling at the Betty Ford center on the condition that she would go into rehab. She went into rehab and then none of them followed through. What kind of people do that? What about integrity? I was quite surprised and now am not surprised that this woman has so many issues. IMO they should not have made that promise if they were not going to go. And if money and time was the problem, then they should have gone to a cheaper and nearby place for family counseling. Any good faith effort should have been made.

Normally, I can fully understand the family's position and have lots of frustration with the addict, but in this case, the family totally let her down.

anyone catch the season premier last night? that was a hard one to watch for me for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4126415;
    anyone catch the season premier last night? that was a hard one to watch for me for some reason.
    It was hard to watch but for some reason I kept thinking Rachel is going to turn herself around ... I was just hoping AND SHE DID.

What ended up happening to Joie ... was he back in jail and then onto rehab? I do remember them saying Rachel wrote him a note and broke up with him.

Can you imagine 5 years on the streets of NYC. They said she actually died and medics brought her back to life.

She looked so good at the end ... no more of that orange hair.
    KAREN

yes, they said he went to jail then rehab.

she looked like a completely different person.

i think it was hard to watch bc her pain fr her family situation was so apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4126614;
    It was hard to watch but for some reason I kept thinking Rachel is going to turn herself around ... I was just hoping AND SHE DID.

What ended up happening to Joie ... was he back in jail and then onto rehab? I do remember them saying Rachel wrote him a note and broke up with him.

Can you imagine 5 years on the streets of NYC. They said she actually died and medics brought her back to life.

She looked so good at the end ... no more of that orange hair.

It was hard for me to watch because of Joie. He did everything he could to keep her from going into rehab. That "misery loves company" thing was in full force with him. She needed to dump him. Glad that she did, hope that she never looks back. Not that I hope that he doesn't make it, I really hope that anyone who tries to get sober makes it, but he is not the kind you want to try to remain sober with.

She looked very good at the end. There was a very pretty girl hiding beneath that bad hair and despair.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Another thing I've noticed besides the improvement in the addict, is the improvement of the family members. When they show the initial interviews at the beginning of the show, each friend/family member seems so worn down and tired. Then when it comes to showing the addict and the family after treatment - the improvement is remarkable. I wonder if these addicts notice when they see the show when it airs. Amazing the toll it takes on family.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I knew this thread was buried here somewhere.

New episodes start up again on Monday, August 13!
    buttahfly and Debb70 like this.

yay! i love this show!!!!

Did anyone watch last night?

There were two NEW epi's.

Nichole from Canada and Elena from California.
    KAREN

I did fell asleep on the Elena episode did she get sober boy what a mess for a 63 year old woman

+ Reply to Thread