+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

I also noticed that some of the places are really, really nice in resort-style locations and some are very bare bones/basic. One of the recipients pitched a fit about being sent to a very basic place and was moved to a nicer place. She was on heroin.

What determines the plushness of the place they are sent to? I wonder if they have a set budget for the show, $X amount for treatment per episode with the factors being the length of time and the type of care needed? (Ie., the heroin ones seem to have replacement drugs & medical staff involved to get through withdrawal, maybe those are more expensive?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3964514;
    I have a relative who went to a private treatment center and NONE of it was covered by insurance. I know a man who went to one also for alcoholism- none of it covered. I don't know what insurance you know that is covering this- but once *drug and or alcohol* is listed- insurance won't touch it.
    It can be covered by the individual's disability insurance, which one would carry through their employer (or for self-employed people, an individual plan). Drug/alcohol abuse is considered a disability. Never seen a policy that didn't recognize it as such.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3976864;
    It can be covered by the individual's disability insurance, which one would carry through their employer (or for self-employed people, an individual plan). Drug/alcohol abuse is considered a disability. Never seen a policy that didn't recognize it as such.
    That's true ... but I have been watching Intervention for a long time and by the time someone needs an intervention, they are so far deep into their addiction they are not working ... and bascially penniless. As we know the show pays for the rehab of those highlighted.
    KAREN

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Did anyone see the new episode tonight? I'm watching the re-airing of it now, and Miriam is a space cadet. She just says all this nonsense stuff and like bobs her head around. Sheesh. This woman has no clue what's going on.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fanatic

I always assumed that the rehab places offered free space because of the publicity they get. The name of the facility and where they are located is also shown prominently. It might bring in additional patients if people get it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3977934;
    Did anyone see the new episode tonight? I'm watching the re-airing of it now, and Miriam is a space cadet. She just says all this nonsense stuff and like bobs her head around. Sheesh. This woman has no clue what's going on.
    Yes, watched it last night. 25 years on PCP. Unbelieveable.
    I think I am most upset with the Mother. She left them, and left them with some guy who molested Miriam when she was a child for TWO years. Then no one believed her. Last night the Mother says, "I will only support my children when they are good" ... oh bother.

Candy the Interventionist, mentioned The Betty Ford Ctr" ... but nothing was said if the family did go.

YEAH for Miriam!!!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3976864;
    Maybe it's different when you are a teen ager?

i'm still trying to align my mind mwith the fact that she was smoking dust sprinkled parsley! that's got to be one of the strangest things i've seen on the show.

she is def a space cadet tho . . . . . textbok example of the long term use of angel dust.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3977934;

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3991223;
    Maybe it's different when you are a teen ager?
    Oh, definitely. A teen wouldn't suffer a loss of income if they were disabled by an addiction - that's an insurer's guideline. I assumed A&E covered the costs of Intervention addicts' detox and rehab - it's such an intensely personal disease, I can't imagine the addict or the families wanting to be on the show otherwise - but it could be that if one of the more functional (employed) addicts had coverage, perhaps they can upgrade to a more high-end rehab facility.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Did you see the episode last night? The woman suffered with bulemia and alcoholism. Her parents and siblings signed a promise that they would all attend family counseling at the Betty Ford center on the condition that she would go into rehab. She went into rehab and then none of them followed through. What kind of people do that? What about integrity? I was quite surprised and now am not surprised that this woman has so many issues. IMO they should not have made that promise if they were not going to go. And if money and time was the problem, then they should have gone to a cheaper and nearby place for family counseling. Any good faith effort should have been made.

Normally, I can fully understand the family's position and have lots of frustration with the addict, but in this case, the family totally let her down.

+ Reply to Thread